• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LET DOWN,YET AGAIN !!

debbieb

As people will know, I have had a few issues since my bypass on the 29th December, but this story just keeps writing it's self !! Lol ..( just for the record, I am not making this up, honest !)
I had my barium swallow on the 29th feb, where results showed that the join between my stomach and intestine was to narrow, and as a result I would need to have a stretch done ( yikes !!!)
I was told that if I had not heard from the surgeon by the end of the following week, then I was to ring his secretary and see what was happening, which I did, but surprise , surprise !! .... The surgeon was going to be in theatre all day, and they had only just received the fax through from the consultant who did the swallow x ray.....now I M sure that it would take over a week to send an internal fax !!....
I was then told that she would get the surgeon to look at my notes the next day when he ahold be catching up on paperwork , THAT WAS A WEEK AND A HALF AGO !!!!!.. so at the risk of a snotty secretary again, I decided to phone up and see if the surgeon had sorted my stretch out for me, only to be met by an answer phone !, so I tried again the next day, to be informed by another secretary that both the secretary and surgeon were BOTH on annual leave till next week !!.....I told her everything , and she was very sympathetic , and said that she would get into the system and see what she could find out, got a phone call 10 mins later to be told that my surgeon had got 6 baskets full of paperwork on his desk and that he should be back on Monday !!!!...
But I was on a review list, and I would be seen eventually, and to ring back next week, I told her that was what I was told last week..so she promised that she would take my file and place it on my surgeon's desk so that it would be the first thing that he saw when he sat at his desk ...let's see shall we !
Sorry for moaning people, but next Thursday will be 3 months since my bypass, and I am stuck on soup, yogurts, and ready brek ! E everything else makes me sick , even certain soups make me sick ! .. So hopefully you an understand my reasons for moaning at being let down again with my after care !!. X

oh that is awful!! i hope it all gets sorted soon.... keep naging them xx big hugs xx

Oh Debbie thats awful, hope it all gets sorted soon xx

thats awful wat hospital are u at ? take care jo x
thanks jo bow,
i am at royal derby....don't get me wrong, i don't for one minute regret having the bypass done, and on the whole my surgeon is a very nice man, his bedside matter is faultless, and the nursing staff are excellent, it is just the aftercare is lacking !....
i had my post op check at 5 weeks, and it was identified before this appointment that i would require a barium swallow, and that it was to be arranged for the same date as my post op check up, 1..when i got there the appointment had not been arranged, 2...the surgeon's secretary denied all knowledge of this conversation , even though it was arranged by the dietician and surgeon himself....3..i never actually got to see the surgeon at my post op check, just the dietician, despite identified complications !!
so i had to go home and wait , eventually nearly 2 weeks later i got the appointmant through....
then at the swallow x ray where it was identified that i need a stretch, i was told that if i had not heard anything by the end of the week then to ring his secretary , which i did, to be told he was in surgery all day, and that she would try and get him to look at my notes...a week and a half later i phoned the snotty secretary again to get an answer phone ....tried again the next day and was put through to the other surgeons secretary,as it turns out both the surgeon, and his secretary were on annual leave till next week !!( who was lovely and most helpful)....still to be told that my notes had not even been looked at , and wouldn't be looked at till next week ....so shame on royal derby for your after care .

Oh Debbie am so sorry to hear about your situation, I am 7months post op and haven't had my check up since op.My op was August last year the 1st app was 15th Dec which was my xmas party night and three was no way i could have gone to the app got back home and out for the party i live bout an hour from the hospital. THe nxt app was for Feb which was my pasrents golden wedding and we had a short break booked so they gave me the week after on my return home after the break i got another letter saying it had been cancelled and the next app. is May 9th 2012. So i'll be nearly 9 months post op with my first check up but i also had this problem leading upto the surgery few cancelled appointments along the way by the hospital though. I hope you get sorted and soon they wouldn't treat a dog like that so how can they do that to humans best of look DEbbie. xx

Back