• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things you CAN now do since surgery?!

Crossing my legs...NEVER been able to do that before ever and now I can and do in comfort and like others I have a little giggle to myself whenever I do it.

Using my laptop as just that...a LAPtop...pre-op my tummy was so large that it sat on a lot of my thighs and as Im not very tall and have only dinky legs it meant that I didnt have the space on my lap for my laptop, hell, I didnt have a LAP!!! I do now though and I adore that.

I am not constantly burning hot whereas I used to be, now Im either comfortable or cold and love it bizarrely lol

Take care of my washing and toileting myself and am able to reach every single part of my body myself.

Buy clothes that I actually like rather than just whatever will fit which is a novelty to me and especially so as I havent lost THAT much weight but my shape is changing nicely.

Feeling bones that I have never felt lol

Being in control of my eating and not having it in control of me.

I LOVE my bypass xxx

Steph xx

HAHAHA agree with all of that and i'me in the midst of buying a bath !!!!!

Cold after surgery??

Since my op I've been cold all the time [/QUOTE]

My op was last week and I just got back home but I'm also always feeling cold, both at hospital and today at home (even when sleeping!!).

Anyone else feeling like this??

Too soon to have achieved any targets yet but, one of the first things I would really love to be able to do is to wear my wedding ring again :)

That will make me very happy :)

I am still very early on but cant wait to have my own long list. My list so far is

my wedding and engagement ring spinning around all the time instead of being dented into my fingewrs maing the sore underneath

my jeans being loose even when they have been dried in the dryer

My Husband noticing and cant keep his hands off already.

Going to the park and running around after my 2 year old rather than sitting on the bench chatting eating and drinking.

Roll on the next 18 months x

ive got a new one i was at the play centre today with one of the little ones and she wanted me to go on h elittle tykes seesaw. LOL best of all i was able to oblige we were rocking for over half an hr and it was such fun. Young parents kept walking past saying god i wish i could fit on there to do tht with mine!!!!

Also, after many many many years i can finally go on top if you know what i mean! ;)

Before my op, when I was a district nurse I would sometimes park my car in a little car park by the sea to have my lunch. I would buy a whole cooked chicken from Tescos and eat the whole thing, I was so hungry.:eatdrink023:

Well today, I was in Tescos and had to get my lunch. I bought a small prawn salad (the really small £1.20 one) and it was enough for me.

Result!

Looking forward to all of the above. My son has only ever known me fat but my daughter will hopefully only know me normal (when i get there) she's only a few months old now

xx

I hope I'm allowed to post on this thread? :eek:

I don't know whether I will have WLS as it's just too pricey for me :( and I can't get it on the NHS :cry:.

However my hopes for being slim:

Being able to buy and wear a pair of tights - none fit right now as I'm too fat and too tall

Not worrying about plane seats

Being able to do lunges and squats at the gym without my knees hurting and giving way.

Being able to go running again.

Being able to buy clothes because they are nice & trendy not because they fit and are convenient.

Feeling normal and blending in.

Back