• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nausea getting me down :(

tashaliza

hi, I'm nearly 5 weeks post op (bypass) and I'm on normal foods.
I'm finding that every time i eat anything I'm nauseous :9529:
this means that i have to lie down and go to sleep for about an hour :wave_cry: every time.....
i don't know what to do? im not managing to eat or drink a lot which is making it worse.
today i've eaten a satsuma for breakfast, a couple of breadstick dipped in low fat houmous for lunch and two slices of chicken and a tiny bit of salad for dinner :eek: i know its not enough but i cant manage any more. any suggestions please :cry:
thanks tasha xx

hi, sound similar to me. i had problems with my meds, dont know if you are on the same, but as soon as the hospital changed them i felt miles better, might be best to give your provider a ring and see what they advise.
all the best barbara x

yes is the fasttabs lanzoprazole?? that is what was making me poorly, hope you are feeling better soon, you might be best starting iron tablets, i currently take A-Z multi vitamin tablets but also have to take extra iron due to what we lose of it, see if your provider recomends it.
all the best barbara x

Try soups and pureed foods again,it will settle.

I am having a stretch on Tuesday and I cannot keep anything down, only wAter and nas orange. No food at all.

I hope that has set your mind at rest, you do seem to be managing a few things xx

hi, I'm nearly 5 weeks post op (bypass) and I'm on normal foods.
I'm finding that every time i eat anything I'm nauseous :9529:
this means that i have to lie down and go to sleep for about an hour :wave_cry: every time.....
i don't know what to do? im not managing to eat or drink a lot which is making it worse.
today i've eaten a satsuma for breakfast, a couple of breadstick dipped in low fat houmous for lunch and two slices of chicken and a tiny bit of salad for dinner :eek: i know its not enough but i cant manage any more. any suggestions please :cry:
thanks tasha xx
Hi Tasha
My op was on the 7th April. I often feel a little nauseous first thing but it soon passes. Barbara's suggestion about your meds is a good one as lots of people struggle with Lanzaprozole. Maybe the Satsuma is a little acidic too to start the day with? You mention sleep too and I could very happily have a sleep every afternoon but I think we often forget that we have undergone major surgery. I hope you feel better soon Tasha.

Hi I had exactly the same prob and my team gave me anti sickness Meds, unfortunately that did not work for me so I was then given anti sickness injections which I gave myself weekly and that made such a diff to me, so pls speak to your team as soon as poss if the problem carries on xxxx

Last edited:
Speak to your team about your meds, i'm concerned that you are struggling with fluids and you need to mention this to the team. Fluids are the most important thing post op, food becomes a secondary concern.. Saying that you will be needing your nutrients :) get onto your team let them earn the money they got for doing your op xxx

Thanks everyone for your replies..... I have checked with my team and they have asked me to go back to mushys and it seems to be working (fingers crossed)
Tasha xx :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back