• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nausea

kevinireland

Hi guys was just wondering if any of you guys have experienced this at the start of your band journey . I was banded 2 weeks on Monday and everything went well the only thing that's getting me down is the constant nausea and diarrhoea . Ive been on clear liquids for the past two weeks slimfast for breakfast and lunch and a bowl of soup for tea . Ive also been having about 2.5 liters of water every day . any help would be great .
Thanks

Hi Kevin,

Im pre op so wouldnt know, but just wanted to say hope your feeling better soon xxx

Hi Kevin

Yes I did feel like that, mainly because of the drop in calories but if you have an upset stomach maybe the slimfast is dissagreeing with you?

Maybe you need to speak to Bendy?

I have had no issue's (touch wood)

when i had both my first and second band in, i initially felt ill and sick, my consultant told me that this was normal because they were disrupting my stomach when they did the op, after a few weeks the sick feeling went away.... if you are unsure contact the team and see what they say...you never know it might be something unrelated like a tummy bug

I am banded but cant say I felt sick or had trots either...hope u get too the bottom ( no pun intended, lol)of whats causing it

Maybe the sweeteners in slimfast are giving you trouble? I sometimes have that effect when I go on it .
Perhaps some fybogel soluable fibre would help to counteract it a bit. Also maybe some runny porridge for breakfast on alternate days?
Drinking plenty of water of course to help with both things and double check with your team to ensure it's nothing to worry about.

Just been speaking to my team and they seem to think its a bug and nothing to do with the band. They also advised me to go onto the soft foods as this might help settle my stomach a bit . Going to have some mash and veg see if that helps .

Hope you feel better soon Kevin, good luck with the soft foods, let us know how you got on with it!

Hi Kevin
I had a little trouble with diarrhoea and my team said it was a reaction to painkillers so I stopped those and it cleared up in no time. Try the mushies and that may help but hope you feel better soon
Love Jo XX

had some mash and carrot last night feel a lot better thanks guys for all your support and advice.

Last edited:
Back