• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearly 5 stone gone in 14 weeks

miss_malone

I am no longer morbidly obese, just severly obese lol ... Yeah! 269lbs (down from pre op of 335) making my BMI under 40. Super happy.

Im 13 weeks out from surgery as of today and 14 weeks out from starting my pre op. Ive lost an avg of 4.7 lbs a week including pre op week loss and 4.2 lb per week on avg excluding pre op diet loss. Im still also losing 3 - 4 lbs a week most weeks (last week it was 5) the odd week its 2lbs but thats rare. Ive lost 66lbs in total and 55lbs since surgery. Vertical Gastric Sleeves rock! So glad I didnt get the bypass... I bet I wouldnt have lost much more if I had.

Oh and Im just 4lbs away from having a full 5 stone off!

Last edited:
No idea how much more or less you would have lost by now with a bypass rather than a sleeve though they do say still that the bypass delivers results quicker because of the double whammy of mal-absorption, but who cares your results so far are pretty chuffin spectacular so well done you x

I am no longer morbidly obese, just severly obese lol ... Yeah! 269lbs (down from pre op of 335) making my BMI under 40. Super happy.

Im 13 weeks out from surgery as of today and 14 weeks out from starting my pre op. Ive lost an avg of 4.7 lbs a week including pre op week loss and 4.2 lb per week on avg excluding pre op diet loss. Im still also losing 3 - 4 lbs a week most weeks (last week it was 5) the odd week its 2lbs but thats rare. Ive lost 66lbs in total and 55lbs since surgery. Vertical Gastric Sleeves rock! So glad I didnt get the bypass... I bet I wouldnt have lost much more if I had.

Oh and Im just 3lbs away from having a full 5 stone off!

Fantastic - keep it going!!

Well done, you are doing amazing! :)

Yay well done. Sleeves rock!

Well done you :)

Fantastic loss. Well done. x

I confess I only didn't get a bypass because I just wasn't brave enough to do so, but I do find myself working hard at trying to be one of the few sleevers that lose all their excess weight as a result.

As your loss stats are quite similar to mine, do you mind if I ask what sort of portions you are able to eat at a sitting? I seem to be more restricted than alot of the other sleevers, not that I am complaining at all. I have adjusted well to the amount I can eat and am obviously eating enough as my loss has been steady and I am feeling great with plenty of energy for excersize etc.

For instance, I can eat 1 x scrambled egg, 1 cracker with soft cheese and a slice of thin ham on top, 1 small chicken drumstick, 1 standard pot of yoghurt (not a Muller Light size!), about 4 1" cubes of caseroled beef and a couple of carrot slices, 2 level tbsp of flaked rice pud (made with skimmed milk and sweetner), half a piece of toast with pate, etc etc.

Hope you don't mind me asking. Well done again. x

That's fantastic! Well done :) x

from me phone :D

Fantastic loss. Well done. x

I confess I only didn't get a bypass because I just wasn't brave enough to do so, but I do find myself working hard at trying to be one of the few sleevers that lose all their excess weight as a result.

As your loss stats are quite similar to mine, do you mind if I ask what sort of portions you are able to eat at a sitting? I seem to be more restricted than alot of the other sleevers, not that I am complaining at all. I have adjusted well to the amount I can eat and am obviously eating enough as my loss has been steady and I am feeling great with plenty of energy for excersize etc.

For instance, I can eat 1 x scrambled egg, 1 cracker with soft cheese and a slice of thin ham on top, 1 small chicken drumstick, 1 standard pot of yoghurt (not a Muller Light size!), about 4 1" cubes of caseroled beef and a couple of carrot slices, 2 level tbsp of flaked rice pud (made with skimmed milk and sweetner), half a piece of toast with pate, etc etc.

Hope you don't mind me asking. Well done again. x

No don't mind at all. I can and do eat more than what you've mentioned .... but the amount depends on what it is i am eating. Soup for example I can get 200g in now, and I'd say on a whole 200g is my top limited in terms of portion size. The more solid and the more protein a food has the less I can eat of it. One large boiled egg and half of a small muller greek yogart is what I had for breakfast this morning and I was full to the brim (that was probably about 120 g all in all). 100g of any solid protein like chicken, fish or beef would fill me completely.

I aim for 800 cals per day, less than 60g of carbs and more than 60g of protein. Sometimes I'm over, sometimes I'm under. But I still on average have less than 1000 cals a day and try my upmost to keep my carbs as low as possible and my protein as high as possible. I'd say as well that a on any day 200 - 300 of my calories comes from the milk in lattes, so i am actually only 'eating' abou 500 - 600 cals of actual food.

Thanks. Overall I'd say we are doing more or less the same thing but I'm still eating 6 small meals a day (and sometimes adding in a couple of milky drinks) to do so. No biggy as long as I remember to eat. I have no chance of getting in enough just eating 3 meals a day that's for sure. Thanks again.

Thanks. Overall I'd say we are doing more or less the same thing but I'm still eating 6 small meals a day (and sometimes adding in a couple of milky drinks) to do so. No biggy as long as I remember to eat. I have no chance of getting in enough just eating 3 meals a day that's for sure. Thanks again.

What was your starting BMI if you don't mind my asking?

My thoughts regards how fast I am losing are basically...

- My starting BMI was 49 and the bigger you are the faster you lose in the beginning

- I'm tall, and this seems to mean you lose it faster (don't know why but that seems to be how it is)

- I have always lost weight quickly when i actually stuck to whatever diet I was on .... in 2004 I dropped 4 stone in 4 months by eating 1,000 cals a day (going from 19 stone to 15 stone) and years earlier I had gone from 11.5 stone to 9 stone in about 3 months (again by eating 800 - 1000 cals a day). My issue was always getting to a point where I can stick to eating that little - which is why the sleeve is such a good tool for me!

I'm 39, so I am feeling pretty lucky that my age isn't working against me this time round. i want to get to get under 200lbs before the wieght loss really starts to slow down, if i am under 200lbs I will be happy enough for the remaining 40lbs to come off at a lb a week or something!

Oh and 6 meals a day scares me lol ... I'd be afraid I'd just eat all the time. i do 3 meals a day and then usually a yogart for supper. In between meals i do lattes lol.

Last edited:
I'Mt starting BMI was 49.7. I was 22.5 stone at my heaviest (and as at the day I started my pre op diet). I'm tallish too at 5ft 7". I too was delighted to recently creep into the "merely" obese category too......sounds like we are fairly similar in stature and loss rates etc. lol

I'm a sleever to and yes the pounds do come off. Congrats and keep up the good work! I'm 3 1/2 months out of surgery and I've already loss 55.6% of excess body weight that's 83.4 pounds total since beginning and 72.4 since pre op.

Back