• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nearly there then !!!

wannafitonplaneseat

emmatryingtogetthinner
:D well hello all, i phoned up the lady that deals with my surgeons patients today and i am on the list for surgery next month :eek::eek: im so thrilled to say the least so anyway im now awaiting a phone call from them to onfirm the date as that is up to shaw somers to decide.hey at least i know its soon now though :rolleyes: as you can imagine im very excited and nervous and have been happy sad all day if you know what i mean :eek: so fingers crossed for early july then :rolleyes: :D

im having the roux-en-y gastric bypass,open surgery with gall bladder removal as i also have gall stones,im also in the wonderful position of having the fat doctor himself doing the op.the very wonderful shaw somers :D he is on sky channel 252 every monday at 9pm and he is brill :p

thats fantastic Emma! wow there are quite a few of us in July now.

So are you going to be on our tv screens anytime soon?

:eek: oh gosh shelbel im not going on the tv im far to ummmm :eek: shy :beam: not all his patients go on tv thankfully :sigh: but he is a wonderful man :eek:

aawww thats a shame!

thanks all its much appreciated, funny really as i just been promoted at work as well.they say things happen in threes so maybe i should go buy a lottery ticket for tomorrow night :sign0151:

emma..i`d definately buy that lottery ticket if i was you..nothing to lose & everything to gain with your run of good news :)

Congrats on getting the almost date hehe

oooh congratulations on the promotion! It's definately your week :D

what a fab week you are having. fingers crossed you get your call with the date soon x

Hiya

That is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and well done on the promotion!!!! I am fixed to that programme on Mondays!!! he is so cute as well....

Looks like you will be in fantastic hands!!!!!!!!

COngratulations

Hiya Emma

I wondered where you had got to although not been posting much myself this week. Great news about your op hun looks like we will have similar dates after all.

Speak to you soon xx

I with you on that...

Shaw Somers is a lovely man... I'm also having my RY bypass with him and his wonderful team on the 17th of this month :)

Hey, Planeseat girl... after a few months, we won't have to worry about those horrid red extension belts!!! I mean, it's bad enough having to ask for one, but then they parade it for the entire cabin to gawp at!!! :D

When is your op? Have you got a date yet? Cripes, wouldn't it be great if we were in during the same week?!!! :p

I have my pre-op this Friday (5th) and his secretary said she will put me in for the op on the 17th!!! I am really excited, but also quite nervous... I know what to expect (heck, I watch "Fat Doctor' religiously!!!) but I'm just worried about the psychological issues surrounding the sudden loss of my comfort 'blanket' :(

But this is the way to go for me... I've tried LL and CD, which worked for a bit - I have lost just over 8 stone so far - but I am struggling now and need some intervention to lose the remaining 12-14 stone :rolleyes:

So... I'm leaving myself in the capable hands of Mr Somers :bliss:

All the best to everyone who's waiting...

x

Well, what fantastic news, you must be so pleased.
Next month, blimey, that's so soon, you'll be a slinky minx before you know it
xx

Well...

Here's hoping!!!

Actually, would it be cheeky of me to ask if all of the peeps who have had a RY bypass could post on here their start weights, bypass dates and w/l so far?

I'm a little nervous and I think some hard facts would help a lot!!!

Ta :party0038:

x

Wow...

That is fab, Mandy!!! You must be really chuffed!!! :D

Thanks for sharing that ;)

x

Back