• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need Help

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Can you help me.

I am not one really to post asking for help, but as some of you know, I have lost about 25kg since I started the milk diet 8 weeks ago.

Now back on the refeed diet, my weight seems to fluctuate up and down about 1 kg and I cant seem to break this.

I have up'd my water intake, as I know thats what my friend Lisa X would tell me lol.

I now have approx 700-1000 cals a day on average.

I have just got some new trainers so am going to start going for walks most nights, so this should help me burn some more off.

Can anyone help me with this and give me any tips.

It might not help getting on the scales each morning, I know its wrong, and I can hear you all thinking I'm wrong, but I make it part of my morning ritual now.

I see the surgeon on the 2nd June, and I was so hoping to have lost 4 stone by the time I get to see him.

Help me please lol

When you start to refeed you will gain a few pounds as your glycogen stores will replenish and a fluctuation of 1kg is normal...some might even gain more.

Glycogen is stored with about 4 parts of water for each part of glycogen. This means that a pound of glycogen may hold an additional 4 pounds of water.

Be sure to watch salt intake as this can also help to retain water.

I like to weigh every morning after the loo with no clothes on as this gives the best accurate reading as your weight will fluctuates throughout the day and this is be caused by what you eat and drink etc.

I have just got some new trainers so am going to start going for walks most nights, so this should help me burn some more off.
I would break the new trainers in around the house first as they might cause blisters if you go out for a walk when they are new.

Well done on your weight loss and it is great to see you so motivated about walking as well:happy096:

Have you got a pedometer for measuring your walk? I find mine gives me encouragement to try and do better:)

No I don't have a pedometer, but thats a good point, I will have to get one Mini.

And another good point with the trainers, I will break them in tonight, and start my walking tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice, very useful.

Do you manage to go out every day Peter?

How many miles are you up to now?

I can just about manage 3 miles with ease after that I find it tough going but see an improvement every time I go out and can feel my energy levels rising slowly but surely.

Do you manage to go out every day Peter?

How many miles are you up to now?

I can just about manage 3 miles with ease after that I find it tough going but see an improvement every time I go out and can feel my energy levels rising slowly but surely.

Whose Peter? lol. I know I look like Peter Kay hehe

I dont go out much at all at the moment, thats the next stage for me, but I did 2 miles on Sunday without feeling it, so hopefully will be able to start pushing myself a bit further soon.

Gary x

Whose Peter? lol. I know I look like Peter Kay hehe

I dont go out much at all at the moment, thats the next stage for me, but I did 2 miles on Sunday without feeling it, so hopefully will be able to start pushing myself a bit further soon.

Gary x

Sorry Gary:8855::8855::8855::p

I like a wicked sense of humour:D

That is a brilliant start and it is best to take it easy to begin with.

I got up one morning around six and headed out and did about five miles and it took me nearly a week to recover...so it is best to not over do it...

I had to finish the journey even though I felt exhausted for I did not want to phone my husband and get him up out of bed to come and get me and take me home and of course I was trying to prove a point to myself I could do it but it came at a cost as I was really not up to doing that much.

Well done Gary - you sound really motivated with your new excercise regime.
The weight will soon be dropping off you and you`ll look less like Peter Kay and more like Vernon Kaye!

Mini has given you some really useful information - so I just wanted to wish you good luck.

Love Kat x

Back