• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

alison is home

dazali

hi everybody its darryl again alison husband just a quick one to say that ali's is at home now she was doing so well mr amorri said she could come home yesterday but we did not get home untill 10.30 pm waiting for meds as usual she slept really well last night however when she woke up this morning she said she felt like somebody had give her a good beating and felt violantly sick she really struggled taking her pain killers and other medication as they have give her all soluble tablets but she managed it took her about a hour unfortunatly they did not give her the injections to bring home we have to go back down this afternoon to hope for them aswell as this she says its wierd but she feels hungry and would kill for something to eat must be just a mental thing at this moment she is trying to have some more tablets struggling though will keep you informed as much as i can thanks

Glad alison is home. tell her to take it easy. the whole meds thing is just typical but it will get easier to take them. send her my love x

Glad to hear your safely back at home, hope you start to feel a little better soon.

glad your home, rest up and each day should get a little easier as time goes by.

liz x

welcome home Ali, Cant wait to read your story. wishing you a speedy recovery x

Glad she is home and hope she starts to feel better soon. I'm sure the weightloss she is going to experience will make this all so worthwhile.

Darryl tell Ali that I hope she feels better soon. Those icky meds are a pain but it gets easier, in just a couple of days she will feel much better. As for the hunger, it is in the head. I craved the first week because I knew I couldn't have anything solid. Then on week 2 I would have given just about anything for something spicy!!! As soon as she gets past the liquid phase that all fades and she will realize she isn't hungry just menatlly used to eating.

All my best to you both, hope Ali is feel well & happy soon.:D:D:D

hi everybody its ali thanks for all your support and messages feel battered today and a little strange not what i expected in only average pain and thought i would feel diff. inside but it does not feel as if anything is different inside still feel hungry as if i could eat a horse however struggling to take meds. too many i am on tramadol/diclofenac/citolpram/fast tab/paracetamol bloody chemist me i think,non of them in liquid form all soluble going to try some clear watery soup see if it will help the hunger situation mentally at this moment i cant see me losing any weight i know that is stupid but thats the way i feel darryl is pulling is hair out listing and writing all the times i take my tablets making sure i take them when i should and also writing plans for all the stages i am about to go through puree, solid stage 1 etc. driving me mad can anyone let me know if they felt anything like i do at any stage

hey ali welcome home hun x , im a bander but i just wanted to say welcome back, take it easy and rest, as time goes by it should get easier for you x

Ali, don't worry. This is just a transition phase and soon you will feel better. Try drinking everytime you feel hungry, it has been proven statistically that obese people confuse the feeling of hunger with thirst much of the time. The 2 litres of fluid a day is very important during recovery so you should make every effort meet it if you can. Make sure you are getting protein in as well, like milk, hot choc, broth, build-up shakes which all count towards you 2L. That should also help you not feel like you need to eat. You can also have Darryl stain your favourite soup so it is bit free so you 'feel' like you have eaten.

We all go through the 'what have I done?' phase where we mourn the loss of normal food. Most of us use food for comfort so while you are uncomfortable you 'wish' you could have your comfort food. It is normal and you will start to feel better soon. Don't frett, you will be surprised how much a few days of recovery will improve how you feel.

Nichole;)

Hi Ali glad your feeling a tad better today, I struggled to take the pain meds, although I had a headache not pain from the op, the soluable tablets irrated my stomach and made me feel sick as they were so strong. I have been to my GP's this morning and mentioned I still feel nauseas and he said its my stomach settling down and it can take some time....its trial and error from here on in but you will soon get to grips with it...xx

Just wanted to wish you all the best. you will soon start to feel better, I was exactally the same, feeling as if it wasn't gonna work for me too, but 5 weeks on I have lost 2 stone 2lbs, so it does work!!
Keep your chin up you'l be fine x

hi everybody its ali thanks for all your support and messages feel battered today and a little strange not what i expected in only average pain and thought i would feel diff. inside but it does not feel as if anything is different inside still feel hungry as if i could eat a horse however struggling to take meds. too many i am on tramadol/diclofenac/citolpram/fast tab/paracetamol bloody chemist me i think,non of them in liquid form all soluble going to try some clear watery soup see if it will help the hunger situation mentally at this moment i cant see me losing any weight i know that is stupid but thats the way i feel darryl is pulling is hair out listing and writing all the times i take my tablets making sure i take them when i should and also writing plans for all the stages i am about to go through puree, solid stage 1 etc. driving me mad can anyone let me know if they felt anything like i do at any stage

Hi Ali
just wanted to say hi and wish you well. The most important thing at the moment is to relax and let your body heal itself. Yes I know you have to stick to all the rules but don't lose sight of the fact that your body has been thro a lot and you have been thro a lot mentally too.

Don't worry about the next stage, just take a day at a time. It all seemed enormous to me in the first few days but I'm now chilled, back at work and starting my purees on saturday. I'm trying not to keep weighing myself so that I can concentrate on eating the right things and looking after myself to make sure I get 100% fit . I still keep having 'what if it doesn't work' moments but am still trying to take one day at a time, look after myself and keep to the rules.

You will feel different again in a few days

xx

Back