• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my journey of my gastric bypass

Thank you both so much for that it makes me feel so much more confident when i get feed back like this. i think i am having surgery jan 09 i say think because i keep worrying i may not have nhs funding. this has been all so quick for me, i went to my doctors a couple of month ago requesting banding and then recieved a letter telling me to attend a consultation with mr ammori at alexandra hospital...mr ammori recommended by-pass telling me it would be more successful for me....hope you are okay lizzie and not in to much pain and im sure your cat will understand animals are a lot more clever than we give them credit for...and carole notice you are not far from me i live in rawtenstall but work in bury...thank you both once again for your support
lesleyx

Hi lesley my uncle used to live in stacksteads. If ever you want to meet for a chat just PM me. as for yr funding i never got a letter direct from the pct but the endocrainologist sent me a copy of his letter that he sent to mr ammori thats how i knew i had the funding in place.

I think it depends what sort of eater you are, I was a real comfort eater and snacker so the bypass was the better option for me than the band because you can cheat the band.
I went private because on the NHS it would have taken 2 yrs, and even then i might not have got funding..... going private it was amazing- so quick- a different world to the NHS!!! I hope you hear soon either way anyway.
Mr.Ammori really is brilliant, when i met him, i liked him straight away- brilliant bedside mannor- very human and as carole said very approachable- he rocks!!
Yeah, i am sure charlie does understand more than he lets on- he is a very clever cat- he goes to school at the end of my road everyday (well when it is open!!) - he goes into the classrooms and everything, he is sooo cheeky!! ;)
Anyway i am going to go off to bed, i have had a long day- i went into town today for the first time since my op and got carried away by woolies 50% off everything sale!!! hehehe
nite everyone xxxx
Xxxx Lizzie xxX

thank you for that i would luv to meet up, let me know when are best times days for you etc..... there is so much stuff going around in my head...life changing decisions!!!
x

Lesley i went NHS but like lizzie cant fault the staff or anything the ward was so clean all the staff from arriving at the hospital Salford royal to leaving and also the follow up and information sheets were fantastic. It took me 6 months from seeing my gp to climbing on the operating table but because my BMI was over 50 i automatically qualified for surgery without having to try anything else not that i hadnt already.

so mr ammori does salford royal also (or hope as i used to know it) wonder why they sent me to alexandra then?? must be because of the area....oooh i hope so much i have got funding.....i will chase it up this week and look forward to meeting up with you carole

Lesley i went NHS but like lizzie cant fault the staff or anything the ward was so clean all the staff from arriving at the hospital Salford royal to leaving and also the follow up and information sheets were fantastic. It took me 6 months from seeing my gp to climbing on the operating table but because my BMI was over 50 i automatically qualified for surgery without having to try anything else not that i hadnt already.
I didn't realise that about the BMI.I haven't been weighed since july but my bmi from then was dead on 50!! I am deffo a comfort eater, and grazer so can see the bypass probably being the best thing.It scares me a bit though:eek:

Back