• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nerves have kicked in...

ditzeeblonde

Ok I've been very calm & really excited about my bypass on Thursday but today my nerves have really kicked in... I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach & am feeling tearful!

Did anyone else get this close to their op & start wondering if they were doing the right thing? I mean I know I am for the long term but right now it seems so daunting!!

Sorry... being a wooz aren't I! :sigh:

Yep, I definately had the nerves and sick feelings, it is totally normal, it is a big thing that you are about to do.
Massive good luck to you and heres to a fast recovery x x
Steph xx

Yep me too, my Op's not till the 25th and i feel nervous, i know deep down I'll be ok but it there all the time in my mind....I keep on getting confused as well with the diet and keep thinking can i drink water all day as i don't drink enough now, only coffee lol.
I think its normal to feel the way your feeling as its major surgery, I'd be more bothered if you said you had no nerves. Good look hun you'll soon be on that losers bench and don't forget to budge up for me lol xxx

Its completely natural to be nervous but don't worry we'll all be here to cheer you on when you get home.
Good luck x

You are being perfectly normal nerves kick in big time at this last minute. I was awake all night going through every possible scenario before my op and you are definately not a wooz! Its normal to question your decision and then analyse them. You will be fine hun and i'm just waiting to move up and let you on the losers bench. Big hugs hun xx

Yes, I too spent most of the 2 nights before wondering, worrying, playing out the 'what if' scenarios.

Totally normal, but still scary.
Hang on girl, you're climbing on one of the most exciting roller-coasters known to man (and woman!) :D:8855:

Not a wooz at all... absolutely normal ! We all go through this. Try and keep yourself busy - why not go through your clothes and have a ceremonial chucking-out ? You must have some things that wont see the light of day after your op ! It will give you a boost, knowing that you'll soon be replacing them with lovely new clothes in much smaller sizes !

At the moment my facebook status reads the same (nerves kicking in!) its 2 weeks today that i have my surgery & i keep waking up in my sleep crying :cry: but putting on a brave face in the day but inside well a whole different matter :(

Ok I've been very calm & really excited about my bypass on Thursday but today my nerves have really kicked in... I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach & am feeling tearful!

Did anyone else get this close to their op & start wondering if they were doing the right thing? I mean I know I am for the long term but right now it seems so daunting!!

Your not being a wooz....only natural to feel nervous.

Good Luck, I will be thinking of you. x:)

I am pre op Linzi but have had 6 operations and I have always been nervous and worried. I will be the same if and when my bypass comes around but also a little excited. \i will be thinking of you and you just think of the new you as of Thursday. Hang on in there good times are to come.
All the very best for Thursday - I am sending you one massive good luck hug!

Linski xxxx

Treacle..... you know that I am feeling the same as you, my nerves and all that, my Op is tomorrow, god willing all goes well for me and I am up about on Thursday for me to welcome you and give you a huge hug when you come in xxxxx:)

Aw you are sooooooooo normal. My ops not till the 27th and Im already Poo-ing it! I think we would be abnormal if we werent worried, but I just look on here at how many people have come through it ok and how well they have done. Even people who have had complications still say they would do it again. You will be fine (HUGS) X

You'd be mad not to worry!

Now what you need to do is make a list of all the reasons for surgery and all the reasons against it. When your nerves are getting bad look at your list and remember why....

Then get on here and look for all of us who sailed through surgery and are here to tell the tale, then look for people like Charis and Cah-ching who didn't have a good time post op but are here and saying they'd do it again tomorrow in a heartbeat!

Congratulations on having the brain capacity to worry about your op! In all honesty i didn't worry but then i never said i had a brain :) I am superwoman and INVINCIBLE!!! xx

good luck sweetpea, youll be grand so very exciting xx

awww hun i can just imagine how ur feeling infact reading ur message and all the lovely replys has brought a tear to my eye not because im scared for u cus i know u will be fine but because im sure like most of us on here infact all of us i think we all want this wls so bad, i really really wanna be fit and healthy, be able to enjoy my life and look after my children in the best possible way i can.
and im sure its the same for u and u know when u want something so bad and when u hve nearly got it u could almost cry well thats how i feel for u (ive not long had a baby 15 wks ago infact very emotional still at times please excuse me lol), good luck, all will be ok and like they all say ur be on the loser bench soon, can u keep a space warm for me cus hopefully ill be joining u all on there soon all the best ill be thinking about u thursday xx

Thanks guys for all yr lovely messages.. I can't imagine doing any of this without the support, encouragement & warmth from you all!

Had a lovely evening & went out for some drinks with friends, I had mineral water & fab conversation, plenty of laughs & lots of loaned dvd box sets!! Who could ask for a better way to have yr mind taken off things!

No hun your not being a wuss. You are being a human being. Im starting to feel the same but just butterflies and emotional at the moment. Just keep thinking positive and remember how much better you will feel post-op. Much love hun :) xxxx

I did today Linzi, sat in front of the bariatric nurse and all this information was flying at me. I nearly burst into tears.

You're bound to be nervous hun. I'm sure everybody is at some point - just maybe different stages before the op.

You'll be fine hun. Deep breaths and camomile tea ;)

Back