• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery.

ScottTatum

Hi everyone,

I'm having my surgery on Thursday and am really REALLY nervous heh. But also so very excited. Still have last minute jitters. Tried so many thing it's silly.

Been big for over 30 years now and I am so looking forward to not being big any more. I know it's daft, but most looking forward to riding my pushbike again hehe.

Any suggestions to calm the nerves?

*hugs*

Scott.

Hi Scott,

Not quite there meself yet, but didn't want to read and run.

Am sure a post-opper will be along soon with some suggestions.

In the meantime, best of all good wishes and do come back to let us know how you are and how it went! :hug99:

welcome Scott. Which hospital are you having your op at? Are you having gastric band or bypass?

Theres loads of people here at various stages so you have come to the right place for support and friendship.

Good luck for Thursday x

Oops, sorry. I'm having a RNY at Spire Hospital in Southampton. It's NHS funded but in a private hospital.

Was going to go for the band, but after talking with the surgeon and seeing the options available, I opted for the RNY.

Scott.

Hi Scott you are so close now dont back out. I had the jitters the night before my op and cried when my fella left the hospital, I could of very easily got back in the car and go home. But I didnt and I am glad I didnt. It will all be worth it in the end and then you can get your life back on track. Any questions just post on the site and someone will answer them. I am in my 3rd week post op and it is getting easier every day. All the best

Hi there i spent the first 20 years of my life in southampton :)

Just keep yourself occupied, ie tv, books whatever you enjoy doing.

Hi Scott, cannot really offer any advice as I was very excited prior to my surgery in November I never felt nervous. I felt I was stood on the threshold of a new beginning. You will be fine there is nothing to worry about. I had no pain at all, just make sure you get plenty of rest and fluids and you will be up and about in no time. I have trouble sleeping now as I have so much more energy...good luck you wont regret it. xx

Hi everyone,

I'm having my surgery on Thursday and am really REALLY nervous heh. But also so very excited. Still have last minute jitters. Tried so many thing it's silly.

Been big for over 30 years now and I am so looking forward to not being big any more. I know it's daft, but most looking forward to riding my pushbike again hehe.

Any suggestions to calm the nerves?

*hugs*

Scott.

Scott,

I'm with ya pal!!

I'm booked in for bypass at Manchester Spire this sunday and i'm spending loads of time sorting out hubby, daughter, mum, work...anything that takes my mind off it. I've packed my bag ready so i can forget about it and have started arranging a night out at end of feb. I know i'm just doing it to keep my mind occupied cos as far as the op is concerned there's nothing I can do about it apart from stick to the pre-op diet.

Good luck for thursday, keep us posted x x x

Hi Scott, I am 11 weeks post-op and am loving life. If you are feeling nervous have a look through some of the diary threads on here, they have lots of details and can make you feel like surgery is a simple process. I like CharlieGirl had very little pain and my recovery was fast and smooth.

Try writting down all the reasons why you are having surgery, it can help with nerves. Your nervousness is natural so don't worry. Just visualize yourself at a healthy weight, with lots of energy and when you feel unsure just look at that mental picture.

Best of luck for Thursday and keep us posted in your progress.

N:D

Good luck Scott, and let us know how you get on:D:D

Hi there Scott...

I understand you being nervous but it will change your life, I'm 8 weeks post op and have now lost 58 pounds and am feeling great.

Good luck with your surgery and look forward to hearing all about it and your weight loss as you start your journey

Alia xxx

Hi Scott

Nerves is good and a normal reaction, i dont think you'd be human if you wern't nervous, you will be fine though and it will be over in a flash and you'll be thinking what was that all about !

Good luck thursday and looking forward to hearing your story post

Richard

Try writting down all the reasons why you are having surgery, it can help with nerves. Your nervousness is natural so don't worry. Just visualize yourself at a healthy weight, with lots of energy and when you feel unsure just look at that mental picture.

N:D[/quote]

Visualisation is a really powerful tool, I have often found that a goal is easier to reach when I can 'see it', it may help focus your thoughts more positively.

:hug99:Lots of luck :cross:tomorrow, let us know how things go!:hug99:

:bestwishes:Sending positive vibes to you (I know, I'm just an old hippy at heart - but no tie-dye clothing!)!

Lxxx

445056lq6fvnoiky.gif

Hope everything goes well for you!

Back