• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nerves starting

kphorrox

after all the waiting and getting a quick date its nearlly here,
im excited,nervous,feel sick im sure this is all normal.
i keep having dreams that i dreamt it and its not happening,it get postponed all the usual.
any tips as to what to pack.........
roll on saturday not sure what time i have to be there yet and have to taxi, train, tube and walk.
then bless him hubby has to figure out how to drive there when to collect me.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Congratulations on getting a date, im sure everyone goes thru the nerves thing its only natural but the plus side is just think how slimmer and healthier this is going to make you!!.
im new to the site and im from near Chorley but may have to have OP in Preston, so far havent found anyone who has had it there. Could you tell me which hosp and do you know which surgeon etc.
Good luck and looking forward to sharing the journey with you
xx

good luck sweetpea!! the whole travelling thing is nightmare hey! do u have to travel far?.... best wishes for sat x

There is a sticky on the FAQ section that lists all the stuff other people have taken into hospital.
Good luck sweetness! Just keep thinking how amazing you will feel when it all started dropping off!!
xxxxxxx

hi not happy bunny im not the best person to ask for help up here as ive had to fight for a few years to get this far and im having to travel over 200 miles to get mine.
there are a few locals that im sure will give you all the help you need.
good luck

hi emma i have just come across it and will have a look.
i am so excited to having it done as i know it will have a fantastic outcome on myself and family.
but you still have that little niggle in your head because at the end of the day it is a surgical procedure and they come with pros and cons.
its not as alot of people say a easy option im sure the same as me it took a lot of reasearching and soul searching to finally make this the route i wish to take.
best of wishes and good luck with yours coming up soon
kerry

congrats on getting your date - how long have you waited?
Too be honest if you were not nervous I would be more inclined to think you were not normal lol. All the very best chic.xx

ive been trying to get funding up here for well over a year and before that i went through the hoops to get the docs to refer me.
so i started looking at different routes then last week i recieved a call saying they have a date available for 21st august so big big happy shock

i have to travel around 240 miles! no mean feat hey xx

Good luck , hope everything goes well

You'll be grand Kerry, just focus on all the positive things that your weight loss will bring in the future!

Hi Kerry
nerves are natural.
Take plenty of nighties, pj's and knickers. I took 4 nighties/pj's
and it wasn't enough as I was pukey afterwards and kept weeing myself! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good luck sweety and see you soon on the other side.

It'll be worth it!

thank for your comments ..
pack porta potty incase lol.
starting to pack my case i start my journey on friday to drop little ones off at nannies.
will i be able to drink squash or just water??

:)Good luck Kerry - you so deserve this - all those hoops take their toll - I know lol

How are you feeling today?

Hey there

Well done on getting ur date - I was only allowed water from midnight and no more then 2 cups , and nothing after 6am ( this was for morning surgery) did ur provider give u any information on this ?

All the best - MeJulie x x

hi poppet im doing ok wishing the week away,butterflies in my stomach and seem to have a very over active imagination through sleep.lol all natural i assume but im good.
julie its through NHS im still waiting for my letter to come through with all details on it.lol no rush.
im not the biggest lover of water but only have a hint of flavour so didnt know whether to pack any.

julie its through NHS im still waiting for my letter to come through with all details on it.lol no rush.
im not the biggest lover of water but only have a hint of flavour so didnt know whether to pack any.

Ok . Hopefully the letter will come beforehand, if not give am a call and ask em , best to be on the safe side eh x x

I was allowed nas squash.

my essentials apart from nighties and knickers were..

Dry mouth spray (from Boots)
Wet wipes
Wind tablets

Good luck xx

Back