• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Melba Toast

Sophie 124

Well since everyone in here seems to eat Melba toast, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and it's really nice!
I've been having it for lunch with philadelphia light or half fat houmous but was mortified by how many calories are in houmous (even when it was supposed to be HALF fat!).
So.... Just wondered if anyone has any other suggestions on what is tasty but very low calorie to top the toast? (sitting here writing my shopping list! Lol)

I had my band with the hospital group and in the diet sheet, they give you a recipe for houmous, I can dig it for you tomorrow if you want

I love hummus but it is high in cals. I have cottage cheese , babybel or Laughing Cow light with mine mostly. I also like the tomato and basil flavoured one. If I could tolerate fish I'd have the ww little cnas or ths asda rip off ones. They're very nice but I can't eat them sadly !!

Low fat pate is another one that is rather nice to eat and high in protein ;)

I had my band with the hospital group and in the diet sheet, they give you a recipe for houmous, I can dig it for you tomorrow if you want

And me please Mis, as I love it !

No worries ll type it in tomorrow, need to put a reminder on my phone for it though otherwise ll forget!!

Thanx xxx

Ooh I don't like fish either... I wish I did but no matter how I cook it etc, I just don't like the taste.
Cottage cheese is going on the list though!
It's the asda tomato and basil one that I've got at the moment- It's yummy.... The little pack looks so tiny but suprising how much it satisfies you for lunch.... And that's with no fill yet! Xx

I usually have three for lunch with cottage cheese and then the rest as a snack in the afternoon. I never eat all three though as workmates always pinch them lol !
The plain ones are nice with low sugar jam and Whole Earth Peanut Butter as an occasional treat. low fat pate is very tasty and very high in protein as said above , but I've gone of it as I was sick after having some early on.

For a change I sometimes blend Laughing Cow Light triangles with a spot of extra low fat mayonnaise and some chopped fresh or dried chives and use it as a dip for Melba Toast. Another good dipper is the ryvita thins (especially the seeded ones). Once you can eat salads etc salad veggies are lovely too.

Josiegirl said:
For a change I sometimes blend Laughing Cow Light triangles with a spot of extra low fat mayonnaise and some chopped fresh or dried chives and use it as a dip for Melba Toast. Another good dipper is the ryvita thins (especially the seeded ones). Once you can eat salads etc salad veggies are lovely too.

I just went looking for some ready made up dips in the supermarket and OMG they are all so high in calories! I ended up getting some salsa as that was the only healthy one! Even a bit of low fat sour cream is high.
I also bough (and just ate) some of them round crisp breads.... Only 29 cals and had it with a bit of low fat phily and one piece of turkey ham.... It was yum!! Might have to have another! Lol xx

hiya you could make your own low fat humous, but i cant tell you how as i dont like it.... but have you tried low fat pate ( i brougt tesco own low fat brussels pate 65p)... or laghing cow do extra light cheese triangles ( i had one today on two ryveta crackerbreads)..lush xx

Raynebubble said:
hiya you could make your own low fat humous, but i cant tell you how as i dont like it.... but have you tried low fat pate ( i brougt tesco own low fat brussels pate 65p)... or laghing cow do extra light cheese triangles ( i had one today on two ryveta crackerbreads)..lush xx

Yeah I've got some laughing cow low fat cheese, also got some primula low fat cheese. I don't like pate unfortunately.... I'm not keen on eating organs! Yuk! Xx

love it or hate it ..... you can't beat a bit of marmite for a savoury hit! and full of protein too! not as filling as the other suggestions tho but I love it :) x

HI Sophie,

I'm Sophie too.. I see you had surgery with Dr El Hasani? I am having a gastric band with him on the 23rd Dec... How did you find the surgery? How has your weight loss been since?

Thanks,

Sophie xx

MissCupcake said:
HI Sophie,

I'm Sophie too.. I see you had surgery with Dr El Hasani? I am having a gastric band with him on the 23rd Dec... How did you find the surgery? How has your weight loss been since?

Thanks,

Sophie xx

Hi ya! Ooh good luck for your surgery- brave of you to have it just before Christmas!
Have you met Dr El Hasani yet? I thought he was a bit strange at first but on the day of my surgery he was really lovely. I was very panicky and he held my hand and walked me into surgery and well, I'm telling this story now so he must be good! (he's never had any fatalities in nearly 2000 surgeries either which made me feel better about the op! Lol). What hospital are you getting it done at?
I was pretty uncomfortable and emotional for the first week but came on so much in the second week. I kept doubting whether I'd done the right thing and felt weird that I had some foreign object inside me- but feel absolutely fine now.
I've only lost 1 stone so far- I lost weight on the pre-op then I lost weight on the liquid stage, then put 5lbs on when I started eating mushy food (I think my body was storing it cos I'd literally been starving for 2 weeks). I've now lost that 5lbs and have just maintained for the last couple of weeks, which I don't mind too much cos i'm possitive that it'll all change once I start getting some good restriction. I'm not having my first fill til Jan 15th and now I'm healed up I can eat normal things in normal portions. The dietician said this was quite normal though. Hopefully you won't have to wait 2.5 months for a fill like I do! Its like i've got the band in place but its not 'turned on' yet. Xx

Here is the recipe for houmous provided by THG
Make 6 servings of houmous by placing all ingredients into a food processor; alternatively mash together. Ingredients: 400g can chickpeas, drained & rinsed, 1 clove garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. tahini paste

miserable said:
Here is the recipe for houmous provided by THG
Make 6 servings of houmous by placing all ingredients into a food processor; alternatively mash together. Ingredients: 400g can chickpeas, drained & rinsed, 1 clove garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. tahini paste

Thanks for that... Seems pretty easy so I'll definately be trying this. Xx

Back