• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New here, up for POSE

DuffyDk

Hi

Im Stephanie, 31 years and from Denmark.

I have decided to get surgery to help me to loose weight.

im was looking at the sleeve, but i "only" need to loose between 25 an 30 kilos, and then i found the POSE procedure, and it looks very appealing to me.

please write me if you had the POSE done, would like to hear from you, and know more, good and bad.

and i would like to now more about how many "folds" you have done, and off course the weightloss.

i have done a search inhere and read the few threads there is about POSE.

Looking forward to use this site..:)

Hi and welcome. I dont know anything about the POSE procedure but wanted to wish you all the best on your journey :)

Hi Stephanie

Welcome to the forum. There are literally only a handful of us on here that are looking into POSE and only Thinkingman and another lady called Dumplin(no longer posting) that have had the procedure on here so far, so for info about "post pose", there is little to find.

To be honest, there have only been a handful done in this country so far, so there are no stats available of weight loss success or otherwise. We are relying very much on the surgeons performing the procedure to pass on info from the couple of hundred that have been done so far in the States.

Anyway, please keep tabs on our other thread started by Thinkingman and you will see the latest from the "gang" and we would love you to join us. We are trying to pass on any information that we can as well as for support for each other.

Hi Von and Mazza

Thx for the welcome :)

von : i talked to a clinic today, they told me that there had been about 800 Poses done in total, and about 80-85 had been done in the UK.

i also believe that this method could be the future slution for many.

That's great news as I wasn't aware there had been so many so far in this country. it was only a handful when I saw the surgeon last month but I know more hospitals are now doing pose so they have been busy. Hopefully we shall see some stats relating to weight loss soon.

Stephanie, I think you may want to double check the number of POSE procedures carried out in total to date with the clinic you have spoken to today. I have just double checked the info that I found on the internet and in Oct 2010 the Southampton Spire Hospital carried out the first in the UK and at the time the surgeons were quoted as saying that only 70 had been carried out in the US.

A girl on another forum who had hers done in at this time in Southampton was one of the first to have hers done and said in November2010 that only 10 had been done to date.

Also, the hospitals in this country that are now carrying out the procedure appear to be under the guidance and training of the US surgeons and are only performing around 3 every month. I know that Leeds Nuffield only started in feb and have to date only done these 3.

You may well be right about the numbers but something doesn't sound right and I would hate you to have been given wrong information.

Von, thx :)

But there must be more done then 70 in the US ? i have looked on a lot of pages about this, but i will check it again to be sure. it was a personal asssistant to a surgeon who told me the numbers. so she can be wrong, or maybe i have heard wrong, dont speak english on the phone so often ;.)

im talking with them later today and gonna make a date for pre-op and op. hopefully i march.

I agree 70 does sound low. It was information I found on a press release made by the 2 surgeons from Southampton last year. Anyway, whatever the correct number is, I shall still be going ahead as will you by the look of things.

All the best with your phone call and I hope you get a date very soon. Which hospital will you be travelling to?

Hi

i got my surgery date, the 19 march 2011.

cant wait. :) my first trip to UK, and hopefully the best trip of my life.

Hi and congratulations on getting you date..not long to wait. Good luck. x

Hi

I have decided to go the safe way that gives me weightloss without doubt. so im going to have the sleeve (my first choice before i heard about pose)

maybe in some years the pose is also "a sure weightloss" but right now it is not, and they cant promise that overeating or "normal" eating is over after the surgery.

the Sleeve can... and i am sure to loose weight i high numbers. or atleast 20 kg in 6 months, and even more is normal.

i am still sure that i 10-15 years the pose in a more ekstreme form, is the solution for obese surgery. but for now it is just in its baby form.

Back