• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Badges!

Glenville

If I do not hear from you then I can presume this is nothing to concern Admin or our members and was just a wild accusation throw out there to cause disruption and descent among our members as otherwise I see no reason why you should of said such a thing in the first place.

Replied by PM.

angie790

...throwing out accusations on the forum and then not being able to substantiate them is a bit much to be honest.

If I do not hear from you then I can presume this is nothing to concern Admin or our members and was just a wild accusation throw out there to cause disruption and descent among our members as otherwise I see no reason why you should of said such a thing in the first place.

Whoa, a) I couldn't imagine for a single reason why Glenville would throw out any "wild accusations to cause disruption or dissent", and b) in fact, I would suggest that your reaction and accusatory reply has personified why he (or others) didn't/don't want to say anything in the first place, even if they do feel they are being ganged up on!

phatmomma

Whoa, a) I couldn't imagine for a single reason why Glenville would throw out any "wild accusations to cause disruption or dissent", and b) in fact, I would suggest that your reaction and accusatory reply has personified why he (or others) didn't/don't want to say anything in the first place, even if they do feel they are being ganged up on!

Well said Angie and i agree wholeheartedly. That was a bit harsh Mini and very unlike your good self. John is a much respected and admired wls friend to myself although i've never had the privilege of meeting up with him. If he says it's raining i'm taking an umbrella....

And i'm not stirring but i had a email away from here telling me of one occasion of this as well. But i am keeping schtum if the offended person wishes to speak they are more than capable of doing so, however we all like nice smooth sailing...

Also as much as i love my good friend Lamornamiss (who i have met on many occasions and actually threw bread for her son rather than the ducks at the park (personal joke between me and little Lamornamiss) ) i agree, i don't think we need badges stating what surgery we have had, we can read that easily enough, if it's not on a profile then the member not showing it should fill it in maybe :)

Love n light everyone....

ps, Wendy i've found me knickers you are safe to visit now :) love ya mrs xx

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Angie,

As John has informed me in his pm that he was responding to hearsay and has no direct evidence to support his claim and until something concrete is put forward to support the above accusations I will take it that no such thing has occurred.

However Angie I find your comments strange indeed and I have no idea who 'They' are and perhaps you could enlighten me or is this more of the same hearsay as John has posted about?

My moderation team have gone through reported posts and junked threads and we can not find any evidence of someone being attacked?

phatmomma

Oooh can i ask about the 'maintainer' badge? Only i weigh the same today as i did at the end of November. This is not through choice but i reckon i could possibly deserve it?

I mean whenever i've been to a slimming club they always say maintaining is the hardest thing... I can do that, i've proved it....

Please oh please say i can have the badge xxx

Cariadtoffee

One day at a time...xx
lamornamiss said:
As there is one for pre-op is it possible to do one for each of the different surgeries to show what we have had done
If its not going to cause you more work

I'd love this to happen. Being new here I can't always remember which ops all the lovely helpful people I talk to have had and it gets a bit embarrassing asking all the time!
You do a fab job so thank you v v v v v much. Xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
phatmomma said:
That was a bit harsh Mini and very unlike your good self. John is a much respected and admired wls friend to myself although i've never had the privilege of meeting up with him.

Hi Julie,

I take the safety of our members very seriously and when someone comes on Wlsurgery and makes the claim that members have been attacked and when myself and moderation team are at a loss as to what people are talking about...I have a right to know what is going on so that I can take action in the interest of our members.

In the normal course of events the correct procedure is to use the report button or private message myself or one of the Admin so that we can look into it.

Without evidence of members being attacked and people making reference to it...it damages our reputation without merit.

This would not be the first time that members have got sucked into a situation they know nothing about and relay on hearsay and this very much seems to be the situation which has occurred here.

Chelsea

I am so confused... I am new, and I don't understand about all these badges... It won't let me go into my profile says permission denied??? Have I done something wrong?? I'm excited for badges if I can get some under my belt!!! :)

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
I am so confused... I am new, and I don't understand about all these badges... It won't let me go into my profile says permission denied??? Have I done something wrong?? I'm excited for badges if I can get some under my belt!!! :)

To get a badge Chelsea you go into your User CP which you will find on top of the page of the Green Bar.

On the left side you will find a menu and under Profile you will see Edit Your Details...click on this...then scroll down to the bottom of that page and you will see all the badges pick the ones you want and then click save.

The badges will appear on the left side of all your posts.

Here is a link which will bring you there ...

http://www.wlsurgery.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

To get into your own profile and other members you need 50 posts and it will take the software about an hour to update your privileges.

You have enough posts now to put up an Avatar and if you go into your User CP and under Setting & Options you will see Edit Avatar...

http://www.wlsurgery.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

To add a weight ticker to your signature just click on this link below and it will show you how.

http://www.wlsurgery.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you need any help with anything please let me know:)

Chelsea

Thanks very much!! I will have a play around, I think I don't see a lot as I am on my iPhone... Thanks a bunch tho :)