• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New bander 1 week post op

Lightening

Hi all u been following threads for a few weeks and had my op last Thursday Glasgow nuffield my belly looks swollen I'm feeling good eating slops no problem is the swelling normal I know I must be losing but look preggers but unless it's baby Jesus it's defo not that any thoughts

Ooooh gosh yes i look preggers for a few weeks... it slowly will go down promise :) just dont bother weighing yourself at this point x x x x congrats and welcome to a fab site..... Sharon and Kirsty are up your way and had bands fitted too x x x

Thank u today I feel hungry but it's in my head desperate for toast but can't have it the other day made a pot of soup and when I cut up the ham automatically popped a piece in my mouth then thought I was dying but it came back up...... Lesson learned it's not the physical hunger it's the mental arghhhhhhh

Thank u today I feel hungry but it's in my head desperate for toast but can't have it the other day made a pot of soup and when I cut up the ham automatically popped a piece in my mouth then thought I was dying but it came back up...... Lesson learned it's not the physical hunger it's the mental arghhhhhhh

I had my band at Nuffield aswelll was it Mr Gibson?? He was lovely!! :)

Crystal rainbow I should have listened my new scales arrived I ripped them open jumped on shouldn't have bothered shows no change since my pre op I usually weigh at work and when I was weighed at hospital there was a 5lb difference in starting weight I'm hoping when I get to work it says something different.

I do expect after three weeks of dieting a miracle to happen which is why I am always disappointed. I also am a constant weigher after every pee!!

Need to stop that it messes with your mind

:(

hmm yes funny how seeing a few numbers can screw the mind...... i weigh once a week but even if i have a less than perfect week, seeing a stay the same or a gain (god-forbid) it messes with my brain..... but having said that it also kicks my bum back into being perfect LOL advise is to weigh once a week on same scales in same clothes at same time every week. Take into account retention at times of the month or needing a bm lol they all take their toll :) but my best advise is not to let a poor weigh day affect your day..... feeling sorry for yourself very soon leads to some comfort food to make us feel better when reality its just adding to the problem lol

Stay off the scales now until your swelling has gone, maybe until your back onto proper foods ..... liquids and sloppy stage are not a true representation :) and above all trust it will come off.... follow the rules and hey presto :) x x x x x

Hi I had my surgery 30th Nov down at Dolan Park, would've been easier for me at Nuffield as I'm from Airdrie.

All in from start of preop 7 weeks ago I have lost 21lbs. Getting my first fill 22nd Jan at Glasgow

Groomer and lightening...I'm from just outside Glasgow...nice to see some folks from Scotland on here. Welcome to the losers bench. Wishing you a speedy recovery girls and looking forward to hearing all about your adventures xx

I had my band fitted in the Nuffield on 20 August. Mr Galloway was my Surgeon

Also, you need to consider the different calibration on scales. I never weigh the same on different scales.

Have just ordered myself a new pair as my trusty 16yr old scales are starting to be recalcitrant and weigh me differently 2 minutes apart. When the new ones arrive I'm gonna get on alongside the old ones for a few weeks to see the differences.

Hi guys
I've lost 21lbs since I started with my pre op 9 weeks ago, but was a bit down in the dumps on Monday to find I had put 2 on. Is this common before you have your first fill.

Groomer once you have healed and you await your first fill, it's hard because the hunger has kicked in bit time. Just try to keep your intake down to what has been recommended and you will be fine. This could be fluid or anything and I am sure will be gone in a couple of days :)

Back