• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hit a stalemate! 1 week into pre op diet

Hi Gina, sorry to hear you are struggling hun. 13lbs is fantastic and you should be so proud of yourself. just count down the days and you will soon be a bander! try to keep positive your long awaited journey is just around the corner. also the weighing thing is hard to find a balance with i know. i try now to only weigh myself once a week or otherwise if i don't see them move down i feel really disheartened. keep up all your hard work xx

Hi Gina are you feeling any better as the day has gone on? Your half way there now and this time next week the pre op will be all behind you. I dread what it will be like for me as I like to eat constantly and its going to be a killer I am sure....your doing great though and should be proud so chin up chick..xx

13lbs!! Thats brilliant - you go girl!

Also, I have now had the surgery and the pre-op is not to lose weight as such but make sure your liver is small and less fatty. You will soon start to loose once the op complete and fills are being done.

Just remember this one very positive thing my surgeon said to me as I drifted off on the operating table...

"here's to your new healthy life"

PS...Scales are evil...LOL:D

Thanks Girls!

No Im not over seasoning my food, I don't like salt so I dont use it when cooking etc. Im not on the milk diet either. I'm on a soup and yoghurt diet.

I do feel better as the day has gone on. This diet was given to shrink my liver yes, but also to lose some weight to make it safer for me juring surgery. Well Ive done that havent I? 13lb is a lot, its the first stone gone for good! I have to look at it like that eh!? And over the coming 6 days Im sure I'll shed a few more, I just wont be so obsessive about it!

Thanks for your help!xxx

Great positive attitude Gina, and thats your first stone gone forever. keep up all your hard work xx

Hi Gina you go girl 13lbs is brilliant Im sure it will be well over the stone when your op comes round which will be here before you know it.
Keep up the good work it will all be worth it in the end.
Take care and hopefully you will get up feeling a lot better!
Luv xx

Hi Gina you go girl 13lbs is brilliant Im sure it will be well over the stone when your op comes round which will be here before you know it.
Keep up the good work it will all be worth it in the end.
Take care and hopefully you will get up feeling a lot better!
Luv xx

Thanks Lesley

I do have a different attitude to it this morning. Had to do a bit of self theropy yesterday! Lol

Here's to the next 5 days!xxxx

HEY HUN not long now you have come this far chick..
13lbs is an amazing amount but not realistic hun so as long as your fat intake has reduced dont worry abiut the pounds.. i lost 6 or 7lb but my liver was reduced lovely no fat smothering it..
takecare emmaxx

Thanks Em and Charliegirl!

No not long now, 4 more days! I can cope with that! I havent weighed myself in the past few days so Im getting there! LOL

aw Excited for u ...its the best thing ever !! will change your life !! So much for the better :) u wait you'll be a skinny minny in no time ! xxxx

Cheers babe,

I just cant wait to get off the pre op diet!
I know I'll be on liquids for the next two weeks, but its the hunger I cant bear any longer! LOL

I'm a bit of a grouch at the mo, like an addict who hasnt had a fix!!!

Back