• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hit a stalemate! 1 week into pre op diet

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!
Hi Peeps

I'm on a 2 week pre op diet and lost 13lb in the first 5 days, but on the 6th day I gained 6lb and have lost it again today. I havent cheated and therefore feel pretty crap. I know it must be fluids as there is no way I could have put on 6lb of fat on this diet!

Has anyone else had this problem. I feel disheartened as with all other diets I have tried. I know the weight can stick for a while sometimes but for the scales to go back up is quite mortifying at the beginning of a journey like this!

I'm having my gastric band fitted next tuesday 28th and feel I could throw the towel in and give up like I have done so many times before. I'm not going to, Im looking forward to having the band too much and am scared that my liver would be too big if I cheat. But I feel cheated that Im putting myself through this starvation with no results :(

Of course in the beginning I become a bit obsessed with weighing myself and like to check that its working properly, I know I shouldn't weigh myself so often but I find it keeps me going at first.

I've been told from the dietition to not weigh myself for about a week or 2 after I have the band as the body will adjust to swelling and fluid etc whilst it's healing. How long did you banders wait to weigh yourself post band?

Please gee me up! I feel rubbish today!
I might have to go and buy a new ds game to keep my mind off it! Lol

Love
Ginaxxxx

Hi Gina, dont give up it will have been fluid. I have not yet had the op so not done the pre op diet but I was under the impression it was to shrink your liver not to lose weight so if the diet has shrunk your liver to enable them to insert the band easy then its achieved its result. After all if diets were that easy we would have already been losing weight and not resorted to surgery. Keep your chin up and stay away from the scales.......your doing great...xx

Hi Charliegirl

Well the pre op diet is to shrink the liver and also to help you lose weight to make it safer for you during surgery. Eating only upto 800 cals a day would make me lose weight, I know that, so feeling hungry all the time and having pains in my stomach and still not cheating is so hard and I just want to be rewarded for the strongest willpower I have ever had to summons!!!

Aw dont give up hun...charliegirl is right. It will just be fluid. Did you weigh yourself in the evening?? Like you said there is no way you could put weight on in this diet.

Try picking up a 2litre bottle of coke......its flipping heavy. When i did cambridge i would only drink a litre of water before my weigh in because more than that weighs more than you think.

Dont get disheartened you are doing so well.....xx

what she said!!

13 lbs is massive in a week! Well done! I know it's tough to stay away from the scales but u should!! Also, whenever you do weigh yourself, do it at the same time of day and with an empty bladder. It makes a huge difference!! You gain a few pounds during the day and so in the evening you'll always be heavier.

Stick with it, stay strong and focus on the end goal.

X

Thanks Tazzi

No I never weigh myself at night, I always weight myself first thing in the morning after having a tinkle!

Thanks Alice

I know, I sound silly for being unhappy after losing 13lb this week, I just want results every day! I'm not unhappy about the weight I've lost, far from it. I know its fluid and I just feel p'd that my body is retaining it! LOL

Hi Hun

Your not being silly at all.... there can be various reason why it could of gone up... I constantly have this battle with my scales!!!!

You could also be hormonal!!!!!!

You are doign so well, keep it up... we are here for youxxxx

Hi Hun

Your not being silly at all.... there can be various reason why it could of gone up... I constantly have this battle with my scales!!!!

You could also be hormonal!!!!!!

You are doign so well, keep it up... we are here for youxxxx

Thank you Mand!xxxx

Haha good. Its true! OOO 7 days left..... Im so jealous. I have been referred to a dietician and then who knows from there. x

Oh god id love to but somehow i dont see that happening. I made myself sick for years so that isnt a plus on the surgery card.........im just waiting for my referral and then we will see. I want to get tested for intolerance again cos bread and white pasta and things make me a bit sick so.....thats a start.

Because i have had these issues so long i cant determine when i am full or hungry. I know wit sounds daft but most people eat when they are hungry.....but i dont know what that feeling is. Thats what id like to find out :p

Oh god id love to but somehow i dont see that happening. I made myself sick for years so that isnt a plus on the surgery card.........im just waiting for my referral and then we will see. I want to get tested for intolerance again cos bread and white pasta and things make me a bit sick so.....thats a start.

Because i have had these issues so long i cant determine when i am full or hungry. I know wit sounds daft but most people eat when they are hungry.....but i dont know what that feeling is. Thats what id like to find out :p

Oh I'm with you, thats good that youre going to see the dietician then, hopefully they will help you a lot!xxxx

Keep me updated!xxxx

Hiya Gina

STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF... I know its hard bab but your really have got to just do it once a week !!!! I was on my 800 cal diet for 2 weeks and lost only 7lb so your 13lb IS AMAZING. I started milk diet yest but not going to weigh myself till day of the op, Monday.

Got to go to work now so just popped on here but had to quickly reply to you. Dont get dishearted just think where we will be this time next week. Go and treat yourself to a new DS game and while you're out pop into warehouse or river island a shop that this time next year WE will be shopping in and not looking at what we can have cause of the size but what we really want to wear.

Cheer up bab

Dee xx

Hiya Gina

STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF... I know its hard bab but your really have got to just do it once a week !!!! I was on my 800 cal diet for 2 weeks and lost only 7lb so your 13lb IS AMAZING. I started milk diet yest but not going to weigh myself till day of the op, Monday.

Got to go to work now so just popped on here but had to quickly reply to you. Dont get dishearted just think where we will be this time next week. Go and treat yourself to a new DS game and while you're out pop into warehouse or river island a shop that this time next year WE will be shopping in and not looking at what we can have cause of the size but what we really want to wear.

Cheer up bab

Dee xx

Cheers Chicken!

Heres to next week girlie!xxxx

I feel the same way about the diet, I am SOOOO hungry. My surgery is in 9 days and that is what is keeping me honest. I don't have a scale so I haven't been making myself crazy like you have (STOP IT). I don't think the ultimate goal is to drop weight with this diet, it is more like a detox. But what doctor wouldn't be thrilled by your amazing 13lbs!!! Stay strong, you can do it. With the up and down, could it be salt? I know when I over do my salt I tend to bloat. I also have been guilty of extra seasoning lately because of the lack of fat.
Anyway, it solidarity sister! We can manage this starvation together. On a funny note, who knew one stomach could rumble so loud? I guess I never let myslef get this hungry...

Hi Cowgirl, don`t be disheartened - 13lb in less than a week is fab. And just think this time next week we`ll both b having our ops and losing more!!! I`m on my 2nd day of the milk diet ( not gonna weigh myself till Mon ) It`s going ok, I just hope I lose as much as u on it, then it`ll have been worth it lol!!! Chin up hun, your doing brilliant!!

Back