• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new bride-to-be from north east, just say hi :)

2nd chance Jo

Hi all thought i'd introduce myself i'm Jo 28 and we get married 2nd may 2015. I have THE dress i bought from a shop that was closing down at a bargain price a couple of sizes smaller :/ hoping to get into it if i dont well i dont wanna even think about that!

I have been following slimmingworld and lost 1stone 5 from my appointment at hospital which was 31st july. It's a weigh in tomorrow for SW and my appointment for sunderland on monday i have met the 1stone goal they set.

I will be getting a balloon and then bypass, im hoping that after monday i'll be listed for endoscopy and balloon same time (they said they would do them both together!) hopefully i will get it before i get married but i deffo wont be getting bypass before as the balloon will be in for 6 months. i would have postponed but too many things paid off now.

los in it

hello 2nd chance Jo
all the best with your appointment on Monday and plans on been a bride!

Lily jo

Hi Jo, I'm Jo from North East too!! Good luck for Monday :) I'm having mini bypass at Sunderland on Sunday xxx

Yvessa

Hi Jo, congrats on your engagement :) I don't know what size dress you've bought, but you may find it will be too big!

2nd chance Jo

Hi Jo, congrats on your engagement :) I don't know what size dress you've bought, but you may find it will be too big!

Thank you all. The dress is a 26 im currently a 32 however i have lost a bit of weight since buying it but im not tryin it till january as i have some way to go and hoping to lose 3st by then. I don't know if i will have the balloon in by then and im not relying on it but would be nice, i was told the dress being a supported corset back will adjust to a size or 2, however i think that will be 2 sizes smaller as i know wedding dresses are usually a smaller fit. My dress is a Sonsie by veromia, i think that range is made fr specifically for larger ladies.

I had my wedding booked before i was referred for the surgery therwise i would have postponed i should of thought x

Su2ie

Jo you sound so determined and have the best incentive in the world so I'm sure you'll get into that dress :)

Good luck with your journey, they seem to be whizzing through appointments at Sunderland these days so fingers crossed you'll have your balloon in no time x

Lily jo

Yeah they do weekend surgeries now to get through lists quicker :) waited 2 years, would of been sooner but the time wasn't right for me. Can't wait to see the new you in your wedding dress!!! Xxx

ladygogs

Hi 2nd chance Jo, how exciting for you to be planning your wedding x

Hi also su2ie, I'm from hartlepool too and looks like we are all at a fairly similar stage in our journeys :) I will keep an eye out and follow your progress :)
Best of luck for your op Lily-Jo I'll watch out for updates from you x

This is all starting to feel quite real!

2nd chance Jo

Hi 2nd chance Jo, how exciting for you to be planning your wedding x

Hi also su2ie, I'm from hartlepool too and looks like we are all at a fairly similar stage in our journeys :) I will keep an eye out and follow your progress :)
Best of luck for your op Lily-Jo I'll watch out for updates from you x

This is all starting to feel quite real!

Thanks and yes seems we are quite similar stage. I will update this thread probably tomorrow (im finding this site a bit confusing still at min, took me forever to start a thread!!)

Let you all know what happens xx

2nd chance Jo

Hi all so I went for my 3rd appointment at Sunderland, I seen Dr small and he has decided not to give me a balloon and straight to surgery. So 8 weeks for endoscopy and only 4 to 6 weeks after for surgery. I wasn't prepared for bypass yet so I will get my head around it but I'm so happy. Lost 10kg too x

Su2ie

Hi all so I went for my 3rd appointment at Sunderland, I seen Dr small and he has decided not to give me a balloon and straight to surgery. So 8 weeks for endoscopy and only 4 to 6 weeks after for surgery. I wasn't prepared for bypass yet so I will get my head around it but I'm so happy. Lost 10kg too x
Well done on your weight loss so far! That's great news about going straight for the op but I know what you mean about being prepared. It's funny, I waited a year and thought it was endless and would never come but now it's almost here I feel like I need more time to be prepared!! That should be you getting done just after Christmas, it'll be here before you know it! You do realise that wedding dress of yours may even end up being too big :)

2nd chance Jo

Well done on your weight loss so far! That's great news about going straight for the op but I know what you mean about being prepared. It's funny, I waited a year and thought it was endless and would never come but now it's almost here I feel like I need more time to be prepared!! That should be you getting done just after Christmas, it'll be here before you know it! You do realise that wedding dress of yours may even end up being too big :)
yes that was one of many questions floating around my head since appointment but if need be I will just have to wear a formal dress. When I said would I be ok for May as I get married then he seemed to think so he said 5stone lighter he should think! I have too many things booked and we'd lose a lot on the hotel. But me getting healthy and enjoying life is more important.

I'm sure you've done your time with regards to waiting and hopefully won't be too long. Have to trust in these Drs they know what there doing and what's best if they thought you weren't ready believe me I know and they wouldn't go ahead!

Su2ie

yes that was one of many questions floating around my head since appointment but if need be I will just have to wear a formal dress. When I said would I be ok for May as I get married then he seemed to think so he said 5stone lighter he should think! I have too many things booked and we'd lose a lot on the hotel. But me getting healthy and enjoying life is more important. I'm sure you've done your time with regards to waiting and hopefully won't be too long. Have to trust in these Drs they know what there doing and what's best if they thought you weren't ready believe me I know and they wouldn't go ahead!

You should be nicely recovered by May and will have a good weight loss so no reason to start cancelling or rearranging things - far better to get yourself a smaller dress and feel and look amazing on your special day :)

I do feel like I've done my time waiting, it's just the reality of what I'm about to do sinking in and the inevitable nerves about surgery. Sometimes I freak out and then I give myself a good talking to and know it's a good thing to do for my self confidence and health. I'm just feeling a bit lost at the moment because I've had no info about pre-op diet or admission or anything so got loads of questions. I'm sure it'll all slot into place and become clear.

Jacwat

Fantastic news on the op date and well done on an amazing weight loss:)

vickip99

Hi jo, congrats in ur wedding. Bet ur excited!! im at sunderland too. I rang today to see if they had any info on my endoscopy nd shes given me 14th jan? Have you had ur appointment yet? I seen mr carr on 3rd dec he placed me on list for it then. The receptionist also said 8 weeks for appointment but the one shes given me is less than 5 weeks away xx

2nd chance Jo

Hi jo, congrats in ur wedding. Bet ur excited!! im at sunderland too. I rang today to see if they had any info on my endoscopy nd shes given me 14th jan? Have you had ur appointment yet? I seen mr carr on 3rd dec he placed me on list for it then. The receptionist also said 8 weeks for appointment but the one shes given me is less than 5 weeks away xx

Hi thank you. We have actually managed to move wedding to 17th October without losing any money or providers...thought I might aswell try and be a healthier bride then :) Yeh I have only waited 6 month n all I get bypass next week. They are zooming through the appointments now x

vickip99

Ano so i here. Im really excited hope i dont wait long after endoscopy like. I asked if i cud take any camcellations on then nd they said the surgeons have 2 weeks anual leave at xmas so i may aswel jist wait til the jan nd enjoy wot cud possiblly be my last big xmas dinner lol. Coz next year ill be earin baby portions haha.

Glad u managed to get ur wedding moved to a later date. Ull be a complete different person by then. Good luck for next week hope all goes well chick xx

2nd chance Jo

Eee Vicki you sound like a local where about you from? Hartlepool on near any chance? I'm gutted to be doing pre op this time of year to be honest hun enjoy ya dinner lol x

vickip99

South shields hun. Ano i wud be too but i suppose uve waited long enough. I wud be doin flips if i was gettin mine next week lol. So u on milk diet? Xx