• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New & having Bypass in 10 days.

wilko9999

Hi
Forgive me if this post is in the completely wrong place as never done this (or WLS) before :)
I'm having a Gastric Bypass in 10 days. I've been told to do a 5-7 day low calorie / low fat diet (under 1000 calories) diet plan. My Bmi is 37. It's my 40th birthday tomorrow (oh dear ) and plan to cut way back after having a birthday meal tomorrow. Will this be enough time to shrink my liver as I've read a lot of others doing pre op diets for weeks?! I'm having surgery with healthier Weight.
It doesn't seem real that I'm having this proceedure in 10 days.
Please advice. Thankyou.

Just follow the exact number of days that your provider says for your pre-op, you can delay your birthday noshing, but if they open you up and your liver hasn't shrunk then they won't be continuing :eek:

Everyone has a different plan from their provider.

My one has five flavours to choose from and you can do a different one every day if you like. I will be doing 4 pints of skimmed milk for 14 days when my time comes.

My bmi is 25 at the moment, and my surgery is in about 6 weeks :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for that. I will start tomorrow which gives me 9days. I will never forget my 40th. I'm doing this for myself and my beautiful 7 year son. I'm a single mum and he's my Life!!!!!

Honestly, once you have had this done, you will never look back. It's fab.

I can't wait for my bypass, I just wish that I could have it sooner. I have lost nearly 35kg with my band, but endless problems with the port means it's going to be some art on my wall :rolleyes:

Ah we'll done on the 35kg loss already that's awesome :)

I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to have in the pre op phase. I'm going to re read the info again and double check with the clinic. I've heard people use slim fast shakes?? I have these already from yet another failed diet :-( can I use these do you know?

My provider has 5 ready made 325ml slim fast as one of their options. But that is totally yuk for me. I will be doing 4 pints skimmed for my pre-op.

But you must follow what your provider says, they are all slightly different, but kind of the same :D

Yoghurt is another one, but I've had a lifetime of yoghurt in the past year, so I've had enough of it.

Homework time !!

Hi wilko, welcome to the site u will find it invaluable !! I'm 4 weeks post op today. I was told to do 7-10 days pre op diet of low fat high fibre and my liver was just fine lol I did 9 days btw. Where are u having your op? I've lost 26 1b in 3 weeks, it can get tough at times but it will be the best decision you ever make, good luck x

Ah thankyou. I'm having op at spire manchester. Prof Ammori. Good look on your journey too. Will keep you updated :)

Hi wilko, I'm a newbie also! Am having a bypass on the 17april and have been on pre op diet since march 20th. 4 weeks seems so extreme to me but I also think its a test of will power! I'm doin slim fast, 4 shakes and 1 cup of bovril a day. I must admit its the hardest thing ive ever done but it will be worth it. Hope ur doin ok and good luck

Just follow the exact number of days that your provider says for your pre-op, you can delay your birthday noshing, but if they open you up and your liver hasn't shrunk then they won't be continuing :eek:

Everyone has a different plan from their provider.

My one has five flavours to choose from and you can do a different one every day if you like. I will be doing 4 pints of skimmed milk for 14 days when my time comes.

My bmi is 25 at the moment, and my surgery is in about 6 weeks :eek::eek::eek:

BMI IS 25????
please tell me this is a typo lol x

Nope Jemima has to have her band removed due to complications and is therefore going for a bypass.

Yve is correct :D

My BMI is 25.08, I am also a size 8/10, and thankfully my surgeon has agreed to revision surgery. Love my band :):), but my port really really hates me :cry:

24 more sleeps to pre-op
38 more sleeps to an addition to my wall art collection (in several bits :p)

But my journey restarts and it's just as well that I now love milk :D

I am curious though - and please feel free to tell me to shut up lol. Is your surgeon not worried about you losing too much? Due to the malabsorption? Did you consider the sleeve?

The sleeve isn't an option for me, I just can't get my head around it. I absolutely don't get it. Plus the bypass may assist with diabetes, but it's most likely that I will still be on tablets afterwards as things aren't great.

My surgeon doesn't think I will lose too much, the dietician said about 10kg. But that's still in the guidelines of where I want to be.

My surgeon is ok with how aware and responsible I am of that I am in maintenance. So day 1 is water, day 2 onwards is only liquids with calories pass my lips and vitamins, I already have deficiencies so my GP has been on top of it for a few years. I have my normal Costa prepped and ready to make latte for me for my husband to bring into hospital for me on day 2 :D Priorities :D

Can't wait, as I've already popped by wls cherry I know what's to come :D

Hi Jemma, i had diabetes, was on 6 x 500mg metformin a day!!! Haven't taken one since my op and my bloods have never gone over 8!! I'm so happy about that so wishing you good luck x

Thanks for taking the time Jemima. Fingers crossed it does help with your diabetes.

Hi wilko, I'm a newbie also! Am having a bypass on the 17april and have been on pre op diet since march 20th. 4 weeks seems so extreme to me but I also think its a test of will power! I'm doin slim fast, 4 shakes and 1 cup of bovril a day. I must admit its the hardest thing ive ever done but it will be worth it. Hope ur doin ok and good luck

Hey good luck on the 17th. Just 5 days between us. I will be in touch after op. let you know how things went :) take care.

Back