• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting my Pre-op diet Monday morning....

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
Well in the morning I start my pre-op diet I'm having a band with the Weight Loss Surgery Group on the 4th and they say 7 days minimum 10-12 days preferable so I'm doing 12.

My diet 1000 cals a day (as requested by the surgeon) will be Slimfast smoothies and milkshakes (also as requested) - was supposed to be soup too but it seems this has been discontinued, so have made a yummy clear home made chicken and veg clear soup instead...will do this every few days to keep me sane as I love savoury food and sweet smoothies and shakes for 12 days may be the end of me lol.

Has anyone else done the Slimfast one recently? whats the powder like as its cheaper than the bottled shakes?
Oh and will also be having a pint of skimmed milk so can make iced coffee too.:D:D:D

Wish me luck:wave_cry:

no haven't done it but somebody somewhere did recommend that you mix the vanilla shake with a cup of coffee or a spoons on instant coffe for an iced latte. Hope it all goes well.

good luck with it, what was your chosen final last supper ? mine was a cheese burger, hope all goes well with the slim fast.

Good luck hun!!

Hi Wanda

God luck with the pre op diet. I really like the banana slim fast from the tins of powder, the strawberry is nice too but a bit sweet. Did they say you could try alternative savoury ones?, Celebrity Slim do soups - tried them as well! they are low carb etc. You can get them from Rowlands chemists.

Ive got my appointment with Wendy today, so should know my op date this afternoon - sorry we missed each other the other day!

Maz x

Hi Wanda

God luck with the pre op diet. I really like the banana slim fast from the tins of powder, the strawberry is nice too but a bit sweet. Did they say you could try alternative savoury ones?, Celebrity Slim do soups - tried them as well! they are low carb etc. You can get them from Rowlands chemists.

Ive got my appointment with Wendy today, so should know my op date this afternoon - sorry we missed each other the other day!

Maz x

Hiya Im seeing Wendy today too, what time you going???? Im at 12.40.

Wanda good luck with your pre op diet it will fly and gives you a good kick start to the weight loss.

Dee x

good luck Wanda

Thanks ladies...had to have fasting bloods done this morning so now sitting down to Slimfast raspberry smoothies and a banana..it not to bad but you can taste the vitamins in it its a bit like an iron tablet got stuck on the back of my tongue kind of a taste. its nice and tangy tho so not horribly sweet which i was sort of dreading.

As for my last meal hubby and daughter took me out for mothers day meal last night and we went for an indian....yummy....will keep me going for a while lol...tho as I can make my own low-cal soups may make curried ones to keep me going lol.

Good luck seeing Wendy ladies she is so so nice if you see this before you go tell her Wanda Hornsey is enjoying her pre-op and I will see her soon lol

Pity we missed each other Mazza....grab me again when I'm on line and we can go to the chat room again.

Well todays not been to bad but its only day 1 so far today i have had......lots of water!
Slimfast Rasberry smoothie
Small bananna
Skinny latte
Grapes apple melon (small amount of each)
Innocent smoothie Strawberry and bannana
5 chunks fresh pinapple
and just making a cuppa tea :D
for dinner I have a big bowl of clear chicken soup (homemade) and a nice big mixed salad and before bed a cup of hot (skimmed) milk and a neurofen for my headache...low carb diets are a killer!!!!I always end up with killer headaches no matter how much water I drink...does anyone else get the same?

Can I have the energy now please :)

Back