• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new here/pose procedure

Hi there - I just joined. I have an appointment at Bushey Spire Hospital to see if I am suitable for POSE. Great to be able to hear from those going before me.
Dumplin - if you are still part of the community - did you have to do much to prepare?
How are you doing a few months down the road?
Susu

Hi Susu,
Dumplin hasn't been on here for quite a while as she has been nursing her sick mother.

It's so difficult to find people to talk to who have had this procedure (probably cos there haven't been many yet....) and it's so much a gamble if it's really going to work long term. I think the weight loss appears great at the beginning because for a start, there is the 4 weeks of a liquid only diet. It's the next few years that concern me. However, even with the bypass, nothing seems to be guaranteed. I think so much depends on us keeping to the right foods and not slipping back to the old ways of eatting.
Let us know how you get on. I'm still waiting to here the date of my procedure but supposed to be April sometime.
Von

von said:
Hi Susu,
Dumplin hasn't been on here for quite a while as she has been nursing her sick mother.

It's so difficult to find people to talk to who have had this procedure (probably cos there haven't been many yet....) and it's so much a gamble if it's really going to work long term. I think the weight loss appears great at the beginning because for a start, there is the 4 weeks of a liquid only diet. It's the next few years that concern me. However, even with the bypass, nothing seems to be guaranteed. I think so much depends on us keeping to the right foods and not slipping back to the old ways of eatting.
Let us know how you get on. I'm still waiting to here the date of my procedure but supposed to be April sometime.
Von

Yes let's keep in touch!
S

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I am looking to have the pose done, please can you let me know where you went and what sort of price am i looking at thank you

taral said:
I am looking to have the pose done, please can you let me know where you went and what sort of price am i looking at thank you

Hi their is a good thread about pose (hope someone can put a link up as I'm on phone). But the pose have had bad reviews and now the people who had it done are trying to take legal action as it has not worked. Have you thought about band or sleeve as both are very good tools depending on your eating habits. I would just hate for you to waste thousands of pounds on something that does not work or only helps you loose a stone. Hope you find the right choice for you x x x

Do we have a few peeps that have had the POSE in America? I'm in the beginning stages of my research. I live in New Hampshire and not sure if there are close experienced surgeons in out area. I learned of this procedure just a few days ago on a program call the DOC's. I would also wonder if insurance companies have embraced this since it appears to be new. I've just had my knees replaced 5 months apart and now I want to work on my weight. I have about 100 pounds. When I diet I always have that hunger feeling hence I fall off the diet cliff.

Hi hune Read about this a couple of weeks ago. Sounded really good. A bit like a wrap nut without any cuts take it easy hune and glad its workung so well for you. Keep us posted

thought it was called the Rose procedure not Pose , i am 5 an half years gastric bypass and have gained around 3 stone so was looking into the Rose procedure but it is ver new in the uk so this is the first place i have heard of them doing it .

Please has anyone heard from Dumplin? Im more than likely going ahead with the POSE withing the next 2 weeks. Id love to hear how shes doing or from anyone else that have had this procedure.

Hi Butterflyvan,
Did you go ahead with the POSE op? I'd love to hear about your experience and how you're living life now? It seems a lot of what I've read reports the affects wear off and aren't effective long term. How have you found it thus far?
I'm travelling to Benidorm for the Op 11/04/16 and obviously have my own apprehensions but reviews have been sparse and unbalanced. Advice welcome anyone?

Back