• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new here

petshell

Well I am finally on my journey of sustained weight loss. I never thought for one minute that I would ever be able to have an operation.
I have seen the dietician, had group exercise and i am to see the surgeon on Monday.
I dont know which surgery he will suggest, but I do know I have to now lose 1 stone as soon as possible in order to go to the panel.
I have been reading loads to get my head round everything.
I have been set a few tasks from the dietician:
use smaller plates
eat slowly
so that sounds manageable!

Any tips?
Anyone had surgery at the Homerton? How long did you have to wait?
Regards
Shelley (have 9 stone to lose)

Hi
I am in Salford and just wanted to say welcome xxx

welcome.gif

Hi, i can't answer your question just wanted to wish you luck and welcome you here xx

Thankyou x
I am starting back at slimming World on Tuesday and the gym on Wednesday.
I am also going to buy one of those diet plates to get my stomach eating less.
I will let you all know how I get on tomorrow.
I am getting quite excited now.
I was thinking the band, but now with all that i have read i am now thinking the bypass cause i have so much to lose.

Anyone have any suggestions for things to consider?
Shelley

Hi, cant help you but sure someone will be along soon, best of luck with your appointment let us know how you get on xxx

hi welcome cant help as im in salford but just wanted to say helo and good luck on monday. i wated 12 months from seeing my GP some wated longer but others have been a lot quicker it all depends on your area and how busy they are but congratulations you are on your way and im sure you wont regret it ............kath x

hi, i can't answer your question, but just like to say welcome and good luck with your app.
sue.

Sarah
Thank you x
I was up for the band until I started reading all about the others and so I am now hoping they will suggest the bypass.
i dont know which surgeon I will be under I guess I will find out tomorrow x
So how are you feeling? A week post-op?
If you have the time I would be really interested in the process you went through, what hoops you had to jump!!
where is essex are you?
regards
Shelley

Welcome to the forum - i am sure you will enjoy getting to know all the lovely people here and you will find out so much information on all sorts of things. Sending hugs with fairy dust xx

Hi Shelley, welcome to a great site! Hope your appointment with the surgeon goes well.

Cuppa xx

Thank you all.
Today went well, I am under Mr Mannur at the Homerton and he will do the gastric bypass.
Funding should not be a problem (apparently) because of where I come from.
The professionals apparently have a meeting to discuss my case in a few weeks, Does anyone know what this is all about?
Anyhow I AM HAPPY TO BE ON THE FIRST RUNG OF THE WEIGHT LOSS LADDER X
Shelley

Back