• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can they say no now?

TessG

I have been given attending the addenbrookes clinic for a number of years. I have been approved funding and have been referred to Homerton. Thing is, I have loads of forms to fill out and understand that I have to meet a load of people from different teams. My worry is that now I have got this far, that someone says 'no, sorry, no surgery.' Is this possible/likely? I was just wondering if anyone had got this far just to be turned away at this point? Also, I lose weight painfully slowly and am concerned about if I don't reach my pre-op weight, what happens?

Hannah

Hi hun not had my funding but didn't want to read and run. I would think they wouldn't just say no as you have your funding. You might have to go and have tests like sleep apnea depending on how you answer the questions. Your surgeon my require you to lose weight before he puts you on the waiting list and you would have to do this. You have to stick to a pre op diet as well to shrink your liver and this usually has a very good weight loss. The surgeon would only not carry out your op if he felt it wasn't right for you. You may have to have a physiologist test. Good luck and welcome to the forum xxx

Technically they can say no, but this doesn't happen often and is only ever for a good reason. For example if the psyche doesn't think you are going to be able to handle the mental strain and changes needed for WLS, or if your health makes the surgery itself too risky.

Just be honest with them and all will be fine.

I think the hard bit is done now but everything they do is for a reason. Try not to worry - especially about the weight loss. The teams all understand that is why we put ourselves through this. If we could lose weight easily we would have done it a long time ago.
Best of luck and keep posting if you are getting worried. This is the best anti stress medicine i know
Jo XX

hey hun were all having these worries as i think we think 'oooo its to good to be true!' i am one of them!! and i completly understand where your coming from, if you ve got your funding then its all ok, like its been said before the only way they wouldnt do it, is if they deem you a risk to surgery or mentally you couldnt handle it, good luck hun xx

Back