• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Job, New life, New exercise and Labradors !!

DietingDeb

Well people !!! Yet again life has thrown me a massive curveball, after loosing so much weight I decided to apply for my dream job and I got it yippee !!! So in 3 weeks I start at guide dogs as an actual member of staff - check me out.

I have also decided that in 2 years time I want to run the London Marathon so my new aim now is to learn to run/jog . . first time out and I did much better than expected although I thought I would split it up by doing some resistance exercise half way round the woods which was great until the daft labrador though it was a game and kept diving up me and barking at me lol.

I am concerned about how much muscle I lost when I first lost the big mass of weight so I am now working on building that back up whilst loosing the last little bit of fat.

I really can't believe how amazingly different my life is now and the crazy support I have had from people it is so amusing to have someone look at you and think 'ok you look familiar but not quite the person I remember' nothing like it in the world everyone is so pleased for me

Also thinking of starting spinning classes and Zumba, really can't believe that my life is this different now compared to 18 months ago

Make a plan, stick to it, finish what you start and never never give up x x x

Well done Debs xx

well done sounds like you have turned ur life around, can't wait for things like this to start happening for me

Fantastic life change hun! I have labs and have given a pup to guide dogs so you have my dream job :)

Congrats Hun well dun enjoy :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Congrats on the job and well done with the running. I recommend the NHS To 5K programme which is an incremental run-walk training plan for beginner runners. Helps you to increase stamina. Following on from that there is a 10k programme. Womens running magazine also gives lots of hints , nutritional advice and training programmes. I also have a little book that you get from the magazine sections in supermarkets. It's called the Womens Guide To Running and has lots of info on how to start safely, avoid injury and includes training plans up to marathon length. I'm on the 5k programme at the moment and am amazed that I can run at all. I'm going to stick with 5k for a while before I consider upping it to 10k.
Good luck !

Back