• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New journey...

Jan1973

Joan1973
Hi all... Started my journey with Coventry...dr Menon...
Had apt with louise alder in group meeting, saw the surgeon dr Menon, and the endocrinologist / psychiatrist... Next apt on the 20th may with Sue Bridgewater...must lose 7kilos for then...
Just wondering if surgery waiting time is much longer after that...
Any advice, or anyone with process time knowlegde would be greatly appreciated..

Joan xx

different areas vary could be anytime from 18 weeks up depends on what tests they want etc good luck

Hi Joan

Welcome to the forum.

I dont live far away from you, (Rugby side of Coventry) I have also been referred to Dr Menon as I have a hernia which is affecting my band.

Can't advise on surgery time but my referrel letter states that the 18 week criteria does apply.

Hi & welcome. I'm just outside coventry. I went private though so cant help with your question but still wanted to say hi as I'm nearby

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Will you be also having a sleeve with Dr Menon?
I had a band done in 2005 privately.. Had to have it removed 18 months ago, as it slipped down and damaged my stomach... Just hoping to be done sooner rather than later... Reading posts, i feel like many hospitals are dangling the carrots with weight loss requests but not approving surgery as fast..

hi newyear struggling along only a week left how are you doing now

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Will you be also having a sleeve with Dr Menon?
I had a band done in 2005 privately.. Had to have it removed 18 months ago, as it slipped down and damaged my stomach... Just hoping to be done sooner rather than later... Reading posts, i feel like many hospitals are dangling the carrots with weight loss requests but not approving surgery as fast..

Not sure if this was a reply to me but I will respond anyway :D

I really don't know to be honest, I have only just been referred. If they do offer me revision surgery I will bite their hand off but knowing my luck they won't.

I hope you hear something soon xx

Not sure if this was a reply to me but I will respond anyway :D

I really don't know to be honest, I have only just been referred. If they do offer me revision surgery I will bite their hand off but knowing my luck they won't.

I hope you hear something soon xx
Seems like you are in the same boat as me...
Just been told to lose weight by the dietician for the 20 mai.. Not sure what will happen afterwards.. Hopefully ill then be officially accepted and sleeved by the end of the year..
Have you seen dr Kendricks and had the group dietician meeting?
Joan xx

Hi Mazza, yes the reply was for you.. I tried to reply privately but my message got lost..something to do with the priviledge not earned yet...
I received a letter today asking me my readyness and availability for surgery as i have been placed on the waiting list for surgery...
I didnt realise i was on the waiting list yet, as i have yet to be weighed to see if i have lost my 7 kilos...
Ill phone them tomorrow and ask..
Anyway, for the time being ill carry on trying to be good eat healthy and exercise...
Like you, i hope you hear something back soon xxx

Back