• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New, scared and need some advice.

Hi @Slarix , And ....welcome to the forum.
I can't really offer you much advice, As...I'm also at the beginning of the WLS journey.
Though I will add, I have suffered quite bad with my mental health in the past, still have my moments now....though not so bad.
And, I got passed to have surgery.
I've known others too, who have had bad mental health problems....where they have been passed for surgery too.
That said, As, it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster , before... And, definatly after the surgery...they do need to make sure we can handle it.
I think like you....I think it may improve our mental health in the long term.

Wishing you every success in your journey.
Good Luck x

Toni :rainbow:

Ah, its nice to talk to somebody who's just starting too. It's also nice to hear you've been accepted for surgery. I haven't got the "Go ahead" yet which is sad but I'll prove to them I can do this. That's so true, they do because it's something for life so it will effect us. I hope you have a wonderful journey too and good luck <3

I too suffer lousy mental health, including suicide attempts in the past so pleased you are getting some support, as it really does help. When they do the psychology assessment as part of the work up, they will want to check that you know why you overeat. Hopefully your mental health worker will make sure you get any necessary counselling before and after. You are going in the right direction. It can seem a long wait to go through the process but it does help to have the time to get your head around all that is involved and why you are where you are.

Having mental health issues is annoying sometimes but it's something I've just learned to live with. I'm glad I have support now too, I get a home visit once a week from my support worker whos amazing. I didn't have any questions about food in my Psychology appointment which now I'm concerned about. Its true, it seems long and at the moment I think I messed it up but only time will tell. I just really hope things work out for us all <3 x

I also hope you're okay and getting the right support to :) <3

Hey. Congratulations on dropping them pounds. How u feeling ATM. U heard from homerton

Hey, thanks but I gained it all back plus more. I'm just hoping its a stall/caused by my period being late and back pain. Going to try and force the pounds off. I had a surgeon appointment yesterday but it went horrible :( </3

Hey, thanks but I gained it all back plus more. I'm just hoping its a stall/caused by my period being late and back pain. Going to try and force the pounds off. I had a surgeon appointment yesterday but it went horrible :( </3
I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think. Who did u see?. Keep ya head up xx

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think. Who did u see?. Keep ya head up xx

I saw Mr Sanjay Agrawa, but honestly he hardly spoke to me and I have anxiety so I just was like "I know the surgeries" (which I do). I just feel like I've balled it up, I can't seem to lose the weight 5%-10% that I need to this 1stone gain made me depressed as it is :( </3

Hi,
I have been not he list for 4 years and they told me that due to the diabetes medication I take, I would actually continue gaining weight until I had the op.
However, at one of the visits a couple of years ago, the Doctor I saw said he would change me onto a different medication and it might help me lose some weight. Along with going for walks it has helped me lose 12 kilos.
I hope everything goes well for you.
Jill

Hey,
Ah it took me a while to find this forms. I've just started my WLS journey after years (since 2012) of trying to lose weight. It was suggested by my Dr that I should be referred for WLS a few years ago but I said no due to wanting to lose it on my own... which I did then gained back more. Then I agreed that I can no longer do this, the repeat weight loss, gain and then some more. So my Dr referred me to Homerton Hospital in London for WLS. On the 19th August 2017 (just gone), I had my first appointment with a lovely lady who's the dietitian and we went threw my eating habits, past struggles of losing weight and methods I've tried. She also gave me some advice sites and other information to help with my anxiety, agoraphobia and insomnia. We also had a few laughs which helped and I felt really comfortable telling her all of my struggles both with eating and my past. I was actually terrified of this first appointment even though I've been threw it all with my mum who had WLS in 2014.

I've got an appointment on the 15th September with the Dr Sanjay Agrawal and on the letter I have it says:
Appointment Type: Bariatric Consultant FU to Assessment Appointment HUH.

I'm not sure if its the surgeon or not, I forgot to ask in my appointment because I was overwhelmed with anxiety. She also gave me a slot for the presentation on the 15th before this appointment and told me I'd need to do an ECG and blood tests on the day.

I don't know if I'm tier 3 or 4, I don't know how long this process is going to be and these are questions I'll ask on the 15th but I was just wondering if others could share there journeys and what stage/process they're currently at?

I'm also scared that I wont be able to lose weight to show how committed I am to this, although the dietitian said she doesn't go by the 5-10% lost, it's based her view on how much you're trying, the changes you make + weight loss but a percentage is too intimidating.

Anyway's that's a little bit about me, my journey so far and I hope I can talk to some of you! :)

Slarix (aged 23)

Hi Blingbabe... were you on Minimins too? I was AlexIce on there.

Hello and welcome, good luck with whatever you choose and please keep in touch x

OK thanks anyway!

Back