• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lurve2laugh

hi all another newbie, little bit about my journey so far been over weight since in secondary school and slowly by surely its been going up been on all the diets under the sun and they did work for about a month or 2 but over the last 2 years it shot up from 14.7 to 17.5 so in january my husband got me a personal trainer which i was over the moon about thinking that i could cope with being skint to pay for him as he was my new begining but once again as soon as my time with him was over i started to put the weight back on and stopped exercising. Few months ago i decided that i need to get life insurance as we were looking into buying our first house but to my horror i got turned down i couldnt believe it i didnt think you could get turned down and all because of my weight. So i've had enough of being depressed and wasting my life so the middle of sept i decided it was time to make a change i cant go on feeling the way i do so i went to see my dr who was really understanding and put me forward for wls and low and behold 2 weeks ago i got a letter saying that i had been accepted for funding i couldnt believe it i had my husband read it to me three times. But now im waiting for a appointment to go to bristolmead hospital and would be greatful if anyone could tell me what the waiting time is around and what other people i would have to go and see. Thanks for reading this dont know if it makes any sense but it did as i was typing lol looking forward to meeting some good friends who to share our highs and lows not too many lows i hope xxxx

Hi and :welcome: to WLS, Im in a different area than you so cant help with the waiting times etc, just wanted to say Hi :D XX

Hello :) Hope you enjoy it here xx

hi to both of you that was the most nerve racking thing ive done writing about me lol ive came on this site for months and today i done it lol

Hi and welcome to the site. It is a bit nerve wracking but the support and advice available here is wonderfull.

hello and welcome
its such a great site so many lovely friendly ppl always here to help with any question u got even if it aint to do with wls!!! ive met a great bunch of ppl on here and love coming on here to say hello to them all and to find out how they r all doin
im from a differant area to u so wouldnt know on waiting times and things, im earlly stages of my journey, like u been on lots of diets, and ive also been on differant wl tablets to lose weight but the weight goes bk on iv been under the hospital b4 and done a weight management course, got my first appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed i know more!!
good luck with ur journey hun hope it all goes well, the wait will be worth it in the end i keep telling myself xxxx

Back