• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi...New Member

Hiya Andy :wavey:, I am relatively a newbie too. I had my op 13 weeks ago now and honestly believe it was my best decision ever!

Good luck on your journey x

Just thought i'd put a picture up so that you all know that you're talking to a real person,with a real problem :)

Hope you're all okay

Andy x

Hi and welcome from me also :). If it is any comfort to you, prior to surgery I used to suffer from sleep apnea and snored so loudly the whole house shook. As soon as I had the surgery I am told that I haven't snored once. Even woke up the other night to find DH feeling my pulse to make sure I was still in the land of the living as nobody is used to me being so quiet :8855:

Hi Andy i too was turned down three times for different reasons similar to yourself but now have funding agreed and am seeing surgeon next Monday i also have apnoea diabetes arthiritis so please keep your chin up xx Brilliant people on here too :)

Hi Angie

Thank you for your reply, It certainly has given me a bit of hope.

I'll definitely keep you informed through the forums .
Its so refreshing to be around people that are in or have been in the same boat.

Thanks again
Take care

Andy xx

Hi Angie

Thank you for your reply, It certainly has given me a bit of hope.

I'll definitely keep you informed through the forums .
Its so refreshing to be around people that are in or have been in the same boat.

Thanks again
Take care

Andy xx
it certainly is refreshing Andy, most of our friends, even the fat ones have no idea what we go through. How many times have you been told to "go on a diet, you can do it"? lol loads i bet, well we all understand here, i feel totally at home here and can just be myself :) xxx

it certainly is refreshing Andy, most of our friends, even the fat ones have no idea what we go through. How many times have you been told to "go on a diet, you can do it"? lol loads i bet, well we all understand here, i feel totally at home here and can just be myself :) xxx

Many times have i told to go on a diet....Just last week i had a man come up to me and tell me to 'Mind my weight'.... I won't repeat what i said back,but rest assured he soon left in a hurry.:sigh:

Welcome andy

Try and get your posts up to 50 then you can see people's diaries. Well worth a look!
X

Welcome andy

Try and get your posts up to 50 then you can see people's diaries. Well worth a look!
X
yeah, play the word association games lol

Hi Andy, I only joined this site a fews days ago as well but everyone seems really nice and they have so much knowledge so I'm sure anything you want to know will be answered. I have mydate for surgery on 15th October so I will keep you informed with my experiences. Goodluck x

Hi Andy and welcome, im only 6 days post op but doing aok. I wish you all the luck in the world with your funding, It really is such a long and drawn out process for most but stick with it dont get disheartened, your'll get there in the end. x

O

Hi Andy and welcome, im only 6 days post op but doing aok. I wish you all the luck in the world with your funding, It really is such a long and drawn out process for most but stick with it dont get disheartened, your'll get there in the end. x

Thank you Jacqui...sometimes i've wondered if i'm going to miss out,but must keep my spirits high:)

I wish you all the success on your journey

Take Care

Andy x

Hi Andy, always nice to welcome a newby - especially a chap - not many of you around although the ones we have are fab!! I had my op on the 17th May and have lost 5 stone 5 pounds to date. Not looked back and wish I had done it years ago. You will become hooked to the site but thats because there are some great people with great stories and lots of experience!! Whatever your problem you can be sure someone will be along to help. Good luck with your journey and we will be waiting for you on the losers bench xx

Hi Andy, always nice to welcome a newby - especially a chap - not many of you around although the ones we have are fab!! I had my op on the 17th May and have lost 5 stone 5 pounds to date. Not looked back and wish I had done it years ago. You will become hooked to the site but thats because there are some great people with great stories and lots of experience!! Whatever your problem you can be sure someone will be along to help. Good luck with your journey and we will be waiting for you on the losers bench xx

Ahh Thank you so much for the lovely welcome :)

Hopefully it won't be too long now,can only play the waiting game but wait is what i'll do...Like the majority of people here,i'm desperate to get my life back...i would even go as far as to say that it's taking over my life !.....I've even downloaded the iphone app so i can have this valueable information everywhere i go :)

Pleased to have met you through the forums.

Take Care

Andy xx

Welcome andy

X

i got my 50 posts...well 51 including this one!

What a great site this is,i'm totally hooked already;)

Andy x

wellcome andy good luck with the dietition do you need also to see a cognetive behaviour therapist? i have just finished my 6 months with them. just waiting for my dietition to come back off holiday then its all systems go. cos both of them have said when my case goes to the board they will be saying yes they think i am an ideal candedit for surgery. fingers crossed. wow you got your 50 posts in quick how did you manage that did you stay awake all night. ha ha ha lho

Thanks everyone for all your warm welcomes, I really appreciate them.
I now have the iPhone App installed so I can constantly check all the information I need.

I'll put a picture up as soon as I can.

Have a great day everyone.

Andy xx

What is the name of the IPHONE APP everyone is taking about please?

What is the name of the IPHONE APP everyone is taking about please?

Hi..i typed in WLSurgery in the search engine and it came up..it's a free app and well worth downloading.

Andy

a BIG welcome Andy pleased to welcome you on board, hope your journey is not to long x

Thank you so much Magsy...certainly pleased to be on board :)

Take Care

Andy x

Back