• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi...New Member

Andy1968

Hi Everyone.

I have just registered as a member.

My name is Andy and like most have struggled with my weight for as long as i can remember:eek:

I got turned down for funding in January this year because i didn't have 6 months of weight loss management so in May i was referred to a Dietician at my local Surgery.

Since then i have lost just 8lb but halfway through i got diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apneoa:(

It was very bad - i was stopping breathing 70 times an HOUR:sigh:.
I got my CPAP the very next day so i'm keeping it at bay for now:)

The sleep apnoea nurse dealing with me immediately referred me to see a Professor J. Alcolado and 'team three' on the 21 Oct.

I can re apply for funding by the end of the year so hopefully,with all my ailments,that i'll secure funding.

My BMI is 61:eek: and need to lose AT LEAST 10 stone.

I can only go through the NHS route so hopefuly i won't have to get through to many hurdles before surgery !

Thanks for listening

Take Care

Andy x

Hi Andy welcome to the site. I wish you every success on your journey and know you will find lots of support on here x

Hi andy and welcome, fingers crossed all goes well for u I had my bypass 6 months ago and av lost 10 stone so far it's been worth all the wait so keep plodding on Hun ur get there xxxx

hello and welcome

Hello Andy and Welcome to the Site:welcome: x

Thanks everyone for all your warm welcomes, I really appreciate them.
I now have the iPhone App installed so I can constantly check all the information I need.

I'll put a picture up as soon as I can.

Have a great day everyone.

Andy xx

Hey Andy, welcome to the site, you'll love it here, especially now u have the iPhone app :) x

from me phone :D

Hi Andy and welcome to the best WLS site eveeerrrrrrr!!
Had my op last week and would have been lost throughout my journey without the brilliant people and there support on here xxx

Hi Andy, welcome to the group. I was snooping around on here for a year before I had my surgery and I couldn't have wished for a better bunch to help see me through the wait.

Welcome welcome....Warning! Installing the app is the worse thing u could do...it's addictive...!!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Andy, welcome on board. As the rest of your new found family have said, this is the best site for you to be on with regards to help and advice for your wls journey.

I had my operation only a week ago and previously to this I found this site more helpful and informative than my own team at the hospital. Everything that I wanted to ask, I asked on here and got very good informative and honest answers to - no matter how silly I thought that the question would be.

So go ahead, post away and good luck with your journey to the new you. :D

Thanks again guys for your replies.
I'll keep you all updated to see what happens.

Good luck to everyone seeking funding for wls ...

Take care

Andy .. ( sent from iPhone app...lol )

Hi

I've just been looking through the posts and other parts of the forums on here and found it has soo much information it's incredible:)

I think i have made the right choice being surrounded by so many people that understand what i'm going through...I'm looking forward to sharing all my news with you all as i search and fight to get funding.

Thanks Everyone that has replied to me.

Take Care

Andy xx

Good luck getting the funding and welcome to the fun factory

Back