• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New ond extremly nervous

davidj

Hello, first apologize for my misspellings as English is not my first language.

I had started with all the process around one year ago, and comparing what i have to the information here goes, it seams like a different world.

Here is a bit of how the things went:

My GP referred me to the dietician at Lewisham Hospital (London ) and to a Liver screening at the same hospital.
Then on the dietician referred me to Guys and Thomas hospital who I have seen their dietician but unfortunately, Guys stoped serving Lewisham PTC in bariatric surgery, sending us to Croydon Trust.
At the same time I been referred to Kings College Weight clininc.
I went to the first appointment, and they send me to do different test, glucose tolerance test and full blood screen, and chest unit for an sleep test.
Results are back and I do have mild sleep apnea (25 episodes hour). I have given an an CPAP machine to sleep with, about the blood test all in range but seams that I'm not diabetic but i do have problems with sugar.

They agree to refer me to Surgeon, and I had spoken with the dietician, this is around two months ago and i didn't hear anything from the. What I should do ?

Hello and welcome to the forum... Give them a call to find out what is next. Unfortunately sometimes people get lost in the system.. All the best for the future..x

Hi there. I don't know how the NHS stuff works as I went private but you are very welcome here. Lots of us went through the NHS so I'm sure some more people will be along to answer your questions. I'm sure we can help you. Welcome :) x

Hi there. I don't know how the NHS stuff works as I went private but you are very welcome here. Lots of us went through the NHS so I'm sure some more people will be along to answer your questions. I'm sure we can help you. Welcome :) x

Thanks very much , is hard when you try to to get some information from your doctor and he can't answer your questions , :( is frustrating

I hope you manage to get some information on what's going on soon, I can imagine it must be hugely frustrating.

Hi Davidj I am too at kings college, They normally send a appointment to see the surgeon can take around 6 months, Its a long haul I know. I'm nearly waiting over 13 months but due my operation soon.

Hi Davidj I am too at kings college, They normally send a appointment to see the surgeon can take around 6 months, Its a long haul I know. I'm nearly waiting over 13 months but due my operation soon.

Well on my lást visit at the suit 3 they told
Me if they will do the surgery or not and nothing else , but I never had spoken with surgeon or had explained to me about founding ... This is what gets me so frustrated

I too am now at Kings, after they took on the main parts of Guys and St Thomas' list.

Maybe you could ring Kings direct, ask to speak to the bariatric office, and see if you can get any information from them?

I am lucky, in respect that I can still ring St Thomas' and the lovely Matthew there, who, all be it slowly, will try and tell you all he knows .

So I would have thought there will be someone like Matthew at Kings too.

Also, when I went recently to see Mr Patel, there was a bariatric nurse in with him, maybe you could ask to speak to her?

If all else fails, ring St Thomas', ask to speak to Matthew Keates and see if he know who you might ring for help and advice

Let me know how you get on, Sharon x

Back