• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newlife

DippyDeb

Hi all, i have been reading the other threads and thought it was about time i introduced myself.
My name is Deb, i have been referred to dr Labib at Russels Hall for WLS and undergone some test. Result came back from sleep apena, which i do have! My blood pressures are good. Can anyone tell me what happens next? When do i know if i get funding? So many questions it drives me crazy .

Well each area seems to have their own little ways, I never heard anything about funding from my docs but then got aseminar date which apparently means funding is sorted and in place, some people on here have been refused funding, and have had a phone call or letter telling them just that. I found i had sleep apnea after filling in a questionnaire at hospital at my first appointment. I had to get a cpap machine to use on a night. I had to be established on the mqachine before i could have my wls, I got the machine in January and had my op in August. This year after managing to lose bout 41/2 stone by Jan i had another sleep test which showed my breathing was now in the normal range, my machine went back and i am fin enow, i don't snore anymore. I like you had no other medical problems, it takes some people less time to get their op than for others all depends on how many patients they have listed for wls in that area. In my area its 18 months- 24 mo nths, unless you get a cancellation that is. At your first appointment they will take your weight and discuss what options will be best for you, thye take into account your diet and how you eat, wether you snack or graze or just eat large amounts, they will discuss your options and then they will give you a target amount of weight they expect you to lose before the next app, mine was 10lb. You will be assessed to see if you are pyschologically fit for the op and if not they will work with you until they see fit. I t can be along and tiresome road but well worth it in the long run. I had a bypass, wish i had done it years ago. xx Good luck with the journey xx

Hi all, i have been reading the other threads and thought it was about time i introduced myself.
My name is Deb, i have been referred to dr Labib at Russels Hall for WLS and undergone some test. Result came back from sleep apena, which i do have! My blood pressures are good. Can anyone tell me what happens next? When do i know if i get funding? So many questions it drives me crazy .

You have passed the first hurdle by getting to see Dr Labib.
Having sleep apnoea helps your case.
Dr Labib will put you forward for surgery.
I think the board meet once a month and they will look at your case and decide if you can have surgery (don't worry most people get funding when Dr Labib requests it)
Then off to Telford hospital
HTH

When's you next appointment at RH I am there today at 10.20

I am there on the 10th September, Thanks for the reply this is all so exciting but scary at the same time. Have you had your surgery?

Don't ever think the further out from the op you are the more you know,
Because even after 2 years I am still learning.
Some things still catch me by surprise.
My life has changed in that I can now do some things easier than before (Running upstairs rather than crawling)
But I am still fighting depression :sigh: and still looking for eternal happiness and a winning lottery ticket :D

Halesowen. As for that wining ticket if u know where to get one from get one for me! Yeah reckon you are right, i have never suffered with depression... That must be hard for you. If ever i can be a ear to listen i would be happy to help x

Back