• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New post op!

full

Hi,

So, after years of yoyo dieting and deciding whether to splash out on a band, here I am - a post op.

I was 20st three weeks ago, and the pre-op diet which I stuck to almost religiously took my down to 18st 12 3/4. This consisted of mostly slim fast and diet muller lite yoghurt as well as more water than I have ever drank in my life lol.

I had my Gastric Band op on Saturday and it's weird! I got weighed upon return to home on Sunday and I was 19st 2 3/4 (I did go for a vegetarian lasagne the night before the op, and yes, with garlic bread... yum :) )

Tuesday morning now, so I thought I would visit some like minded people and just make sure everything is as it should be.

I am having berocca in the morning, as well as calcium medicine, and fibogel for that awesome constipation (TMI).

Throughout the day I am hoping to manage a couple of slim fasts now as well as ensuring I take on enough fluids.

I have side effects, but upon looking at this forum, they are all "normal". Wind, constipation, coldness, shivering etc.

Anyway, some nice posts on here and hopefully some support to help me on this journey.

hi and good luck

hello and great to see you coming out the other side
good luck with all you wish for

Thanks

Thanks for the good wishes. This glue starting to come off now, lovely :D

Had a hungry day yesterday craving Greggs cheese pasties lol and thought I would never eat again. Why is it all they seem to show on TV these days is cookery programs? Why does food always look nicer on TV?

It's coming here and reading that I am not the first person to go through these emotions and certainly won't be the last that wakes me up to the facts.

Nothing can really prepare you for the psychological roller coaster that this or I guess any weight loss surgery can put you on.

All I can say is thanks again for the welcomes!

Off to Greggs now. *joke* ;)

Hi,

I had my Gastric Band op on Saturday and it's weird! I got weighed upon return to home on Sunday and I was 19st 2 3/4 (I did go for a vegetarian lasagne the night before the op, and yes, with garlic bread... yum :) )

Maybe its the lasagne and garlic bread combo :confused:

Seriously you are lucky they still went ahead with the surgery, others haven't been quite so lucky. They have been opened up, liver not shrunk so no op and closed back up again.

I wish you all the best on your journey but I'm a firm advocate of sticking by the rules.

Hi, congrates on the start of ur weight loss journey. Can i ask why you chose the band? I am still pretty new to stuff here. Can you feel the band at all?

Back