• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm new!!!!

sarahjaneward

Hi everyone I had gastric bypass 3 years ago in jan I lost 8 stone in the first year!! I've maintained the last 2 years for the sake of surgery that I want to correct my saggy skin problems!!! I did everything by the book for that year then started to slip into bad habits which have got worse over the last 2 years . I feel the only reason I've maintained is that I eat what I want then I take 8 laxatives daily to let's just say get rid of it!!!! I am struggling to write this as everyone sees me as a super wonderful success for weight loss surgery but to a point I feel a bit of a fraud as I've never told a soul about the laxatives!! It did genuinely start as an aid for constipation I didn't really have a regular pattern when goin toilet befor op but got much worse after op cudnt go sometimes for 5 days but now I do take every day religiouslyand I don't know what to do ! I can't just stop I feel like I'm addicted to them as well as the fact that I then know I would put on weight again! I'm so scared as feel like such a failure and a fraud right now if there is anyone out there who has any advice wud really ap,predicate it many thanks sarah

Aw Sarah Honey ... you are not a failure or a fraud :( You DID lose 8 stone which was the reason you had the surgery but now you have lost your way a bit. Do you still have check ups with your bariatric team? If not can you still contact them for help? You have made the first step by reaching out for help & hopefully someone on here will have some good advice for you. Does your doctor know, is he approachable? Laxatives at this level will harm you sooner or later so you need help now ... would you consider going back to the beginning & doing the 5 day pouch test? This would help I am sure. Hope you get help soon hon xxx :wave_cry:

Thanks so much for reply I haven't been goin to consultant or dietician for about a year as didn't want to lie to them am so embarrassed my gp is also great but I'm too scared to say anything to any docs as my 2 years of maintaining r up now so gonna apply for funding for plastics and I don't to mess it up I'm torn!!!! Funny u shudder say about the pouch test I have been looking this afternoon and then see this site I was on here befor under diff name but like I say I'm so embarrassed cud u give me any advice on the pouch test please xx

Back