• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
Hi carby,
I'm having sleeve surgery tomorrow (yikes!) and I have only told a handful of people! Like you i have all sorts of emotions but know I'm doing the right thing for me! After everything has been done and I have the all clear I plan on telling people but I need to get myself sorted first! Good luck on your journey x
Good luck for tomorrow Kellylou, tomorrow is the first day of your new journey! I've got my operation on Monday and my emotions are varying between excitement and nervousness. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you xxxx

Hi everyone,:)

Feeling really positive and reassured after having a nosey through some of the posts on here.
I have one day left, until I start my liver reduction diet! Nervous is a understatement! As this is the first big step in my weight loss journey. My op date is march 16th 2017, I also have my pre op this Thursday!
I have yoyo dieted since a young teen conscious that I was huge, when really I wish I was as fat as I thought I was then!! My whole life I have seen my mother yoyo diet and use food as a massive comfort .... and I have mimicked this behaviour. I lost a lot of weight with slimming world and then put it all back on and more! I have been considering weight loss surgery for a while now, but personally have been embarrassed to tell anyone expect for my other half and my parents. I don't want anyone to know as I feel like such a failure.
Lots of emotions running all over the place at the moment worry, nerves but also excitement to get my life back and find me again!!!

So any tips are muchly appreciated?

Lots of love C xxxxxx:oops:
Hi C, I too have got my pre- op on Thursday but my surgery is on the following Monday 6th March at Derby, where are you having yours? Xxx

I'm having mine at Spire Southampton on march 16th. How are you finding pre op diet x
It's not too bad now I've got my head round it, but it took a bit of getting used to I've been doing it for 3 weeks so far but think I would have found the milk diet easier! I just keep reminding myself why I am doing this :)

It's not too bad now I've got my head round it, but it took a bit of getting used to I've been doing it for 3 weeks so far but think I would have found the milk diet easier! I just keep reminding myself why I am doing this :)

3weeks wow that's such a long time! And to think I'm worried about 2weeks! Looking forward to hearing how you get on! What surgery are you having? X

3weeks wow that's such a long time! And to think I'm worried about 2weeks! Looking forward to hearing how you get on! What surgery are you having? X
By the time of my operation it will be 4 weeks on the pre-op diet :(
Due to having had quite a lot of previous surgeries for breast cancer and reconstruction work I am being duel consented for my surgery. Bypass being my first choice but if that's not possible because of internal scar tissue etc than it will be a sleeve. :)

Welcome and good luck x

Back