• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carby2barbie

Hi everyone,:)

Feeling really positive and reassured after having a nosey through some of the posts on here.
I have one day left, until I start my liver reduction diet! Nervous is a understatement! As this is the first big step in my weight loss journey. My op date is march 16th 2017, I also have my pre op this Thursday!
I have yoyo dieted since a young teen conscious that I was huge, when really I wish I was as fat as I thought I was then!! My whole life I have seen my mother yoyo diet and use food as a massive comfort .... and I have mimicked this behaviour. I lost a lot of weight with slimming world and then put it all back on and more! I have been considering weight loss surgery for a while now, but personally have been embarrassed to tell anyone expect for my other half and my parents. I don't want anyone to know as I feel like such a failure.
Lots of emotions running all over the place at the moment worry, nerves but also excitement to get my life back and find me again!!!

So any tips are muchly appreciated?

Lots of love C xxxxxx:oops:

Hi carby,
I'm having sleeve surgery tomorrow (yikes!) and I have only told a handful of people! Like you i have all sorts of emotions but know I'm doing the right thing for me! After everything has been done and I have the all clear I plan on telling people but I need to get myself sorted first! Good luck on your journey x

Hi carby,
I'm having sleeve surgery tomorrow (yikes!) and I have only told a handful of people! Like you i have all sorts of emotions but know I'm doing the right thing for me! After everything has been done and I have the all clear I plan on telling people but I need to get myself sorted first! Good luck on your journey x

Thank you Kellylou for your reply!! O wow wee good luck!! Looking forward to hearing how you get on! I completely agree, get yourself on track and feeling confident. Then you can tell who you wish. How did you find the pre op diet?? X

I found it ok I did the low fat, low carb one and managed to lose a stone in 2 weeks so hopefully have done enough! I've never had an op before so am thinking of all sorts but know I have to do it and embrace it now xx

I found it ok I did the low fat, low carb one and managed to lose a stone in 2 weeks so hopefully have done enough! I've never had an op before so am thinking of all sorts but know I have to do it and embrace it now xx

Well done that's sooo good!! I have my MDT meeting Thursday and really don't know what to expect! Your the same as me I have never had an op before!! You will be fine! I hope you have some good support around youXx

I really do and don't think I could have got through this process without it! I hope it all goes well for you and all being well will update tomorrow or Wednesday xx

Hello,

Just wanted to say you are far from a failure. This process is one of the hardest things I think I've ever had to do and I think alot of people on this forum would agree. It takes determination, will power and alot of patience. The fact that you have got this far suggests you have got all three of those factors. So give yourself a bit of credit for that. It's a long road and not a magic fix or an easy way out as some people would suggest. It's dam well hard lol. But well done for getting as far as you have and congratulations on getting your date for surgery. Where are you having it done? Xx

Hello,

Just wanted to say you are far from a failure. This process is one of the hardest things I think I've ever had to do and I think alot of people on this forum would agree. It takes determination, will power and alot of patience. The fact that you have got this far suggests you have got all three of those factors. So give yourself a bit of credit for that. It's a long road and not a magic fix or an easy way out as some people would suggest. It's dam well hard lol. But well done for getting as far as you have and congratulations on getting your date for surgery. Where are you having it done? Xx

Thank you so much!! I know it's been a long and hard decision. I am having it done at spire Southampton. Where are you on your journey? Which surgery did you choose or chosen? Xxx

I'm hopefully having a gastric bypass. I'm with North tees general hospital and have got my consultant appointment tomorrow. I've been at this for 2 years now due too a major knack up the first time I tried. Was half way through everything the first time I tried but then I got lost in the system and had to start at the beginning again. But I've lost 3 stone so hoping I get my date for surgery tomorrow. I've got an endoscopy on the 8th March so I'm really hoping this is it now and I'm finally coming to the end of this process xxx

I'm hopefully having a gastric bypass. I'm with North tees general hospital and have got my consultant appointment tomorrow. I've been at this for 2 years now due too a major knack up the first time I tried. Was half way through everything the first time I tried but then I got lost in the system and had to start at the beginning again. But I've lost 3 stone so hoping I get my date for surgery tomorrow. I've got an endoscopy on the 8th March so I'm really hoping this is it now and I'm finally coming to the end of this process xxx

O wow wee!! Good luck for tomorrow!! Lost in the system how awful!! Tomorrow is my last day of normal eating and then I start pre op diet! Xx

I've been testing the milk only diet. I've found it so much easier. Not having to make choices on food every day. I actually like it lol. Lost 1 stone in two weeks on that. Xx

I've been testing the milk only diet. I've found it so much easier. Not having to make choices on food every day. I actually like it lol. Lost 1 stone in two weeks on that. Xx

Well done! That's soooo good!! Does it fill you up though? And give you enough energy x

Feeling really positive and reassured after having a nosey through some of the posts on here.
I have one day left, until I start my liver reduction diet! Nervous is a understatement! As this is the first big step in my weight loss journey. My op date is march 16th 2017, I also have my pre op this Thursday!
I have yoyo dieted since a young teen conscious that I was huge, when really I wish I was as fat as I thought I was then!! My whole life I have seen my mother yoyo diet and use food as a massive comfort .... and I have mimicked this behaviour. I lost a lot of weight with slimming world and then put it all back on and more! I have been considering weight loss surgery for a while now, but personally have been embarrassed to tell anyone expect for my other half and my parents. I don't want anyone to know as I feel like such a failure.
Lots of emotions running all over the place at the moment worry, nerves but also excitement to get my life back and find me again!!!

Lots of love C xxxxxx:oops:[/QUOTE]
Hi C, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you won't regret joining, the support, encouragement and advice is fantastic, please don't feel you are a failure in any way this is not a decision to be taken lightly and although I'm not as far as you in my journey I know from my own research and people on this forum it is far from the easy option it still takes commitment and correct food choices. I really do wish you luck with your surgery and future journey, keep in touch with us. I'm with Luton and Dunstable and their patients have to do 4 weeks on the milk diet when they are first referred so I have done 4 weeks of it and it's really not as bad I I expected, at least it removes food choices, I can also relate to previous years when I really thought I was fat, and like you would love to be "that fat" now. Sorry I can't give you any tips but wanted to say hi xx

I didnt feel hungry as such, but if I did I would drink a pint of water. It's was more the head hunger that botherd me but it went away after a couple of days x

Blingbabe....O wow pretty hardcore then!! That's a long time! Thank you so much for replying! Good luck to you too xx

Lots of love C xxxxxx:oops:
Hi C, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you won't regret joining, the support, encouragement and advice is fantastic, please don't feel you are a failure in any way this is not a decision to be taken lightly and although I'm not as far as you in my journey I know from my own research and people on this forum it is far from the easy option it still takes commitment and correct food choices. I really do wish you luck with your surgery and future journey, keep in touch with us. I'm with Luton and Dunstable and their patients have to do 4 weeks on the milk diet when they are first referred so I have done 4 weeks of it and it's really not as bad I I expected, at least it removes food choices, I can also relate to previous years when I really thought I was fat, and like you would love to be "that fat" now. Sorry I can't give you any tips but wanted to say hi xx[/QUOTE]

What surgery have you opted for? Xx

Hi C, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you won't regret joining, the support, encouragement and advice is fantastic, please don't feel you are a failure in any way this is not a decision to be taken lightly and although I'm not as far as you in my journey I know from my own research and people on this forum it is far from the easy option it still takes commitment and correct food choices. I really do wish you luck with your surgery and future journey, keep in touch with us. I'm with Luton and Dunstable and their patients have to do 4 weeks on the milk diet when they are first referred so I have done 4 weeks of it and it's really not as bad I I expected, at least it removes food choices, I can also relate to previous years when I really thought I was fat, and like you would love to be "that fat" now. Sorry I can't give you any tips but wanted to say hi xx

What surgery have you opted for? Xx[/QUOTE]
I'm undecided at the moment, swaying between sleeve and bypass x

Back