• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Sleeve

I had my sleeve done on the 23rd. Fluid stage is getting easier I'm finding. Drinking nas Ribena, Oasis and making homemade soups.

Another Sleever hear, just passed 6 months and over 8st down so far :)

Good luck with the recovery and welcome to the loosers bench.

Jim, Do you have a food diary please? I'm curious to what I can have later on. Thanks x

Lol I have a food diary and a half... its all in an excel spreadsheet.

Any chance I can have a peak as i'm clueless lol

If you pm me your email address I will send you are copy.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend G300 using WLSurgery

Hi hope you are feeling okay. Whereabouts did you have your op? I was at St Anthony's from St Georges. The first two weeks is so boring!! I would suggest getting some slim fast and cuppa soups. Ainsley does loads of fancy ones now. You can always strain them x

Congrats on your sleeve!
I'm thinking about getting sleeved, too. How bad is the pain afterwards? When will have your sitches taken out?

I had a sleeve last sunday. The only pain I have had is soreness from where the initial port is. And, loads of wind pain. Nothing like I thought it would be

Congrats on your sleeve!
I'm thinking about getting sleeved, too. How bad is the pain afterwards? When will have your sitches taken out?

I read that a sleeve is usually more effective than a band, which is what I was thinking of. I had a bit of wind pain in the first couple of days, and it was uncomfortable trying to get in and out of the hospital bed, as I was trying not to put too much strain on my tummy. My stitches will dissolve apparently, I have about 6 small wounds but will use bio-oil on those when they are healed.

Hi hope you are feeling okay. Whereabouts did you have your op? I was at St Anthony's from St Georges. The first two weeks is so boring!! I would suggest getting some slim fast and cuppa soups. Ainsley does loads of fancy ones now. You can always strain them x

I was on the NHS waiting list in south London but they referred a load of us into the Bariatric Group, so it was a private hospital in east London. But still on the NHS thankfully.

I think all our post-op diet advice differs depending who you are with. From day 2 the surgeon and Bariatric Group advice is that you can have free fluids, including soups and fromage frais. So it's not as bad as I thought it would be, as I had my first cup of Heinz Cream of Tomato today and it was fabulous. I've always loved that anyway

No where near as painful as you'd expect it to be is it?! I still can't tell really when I'm full up which is annoying

incognito_46 said:
No where near as painful as you'd expect it to be is it?! I still can't tell really when I'm full up which is annoying

I'm the same I don't know if I'm full or just have wind because I have a lot of that and a heavy feeling in my chest. I've been told I have a right sleeve though :(

wait until you get onto solid foods, you will soon know when you've eaten too much or too fast.

Back