• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to the site

Kirabear

Hi everyone

My name is Mandi and I have decided to have WLS
For years I have battled with my weight and as it has increased and increased over time its frightened me.

Im at my heaviest now and the thought of getting bigger horrifies me.

Just so hard!!! Its incredible that one day I said thats it im not smoking anymore and I didnt , havent smoked since and that was 4 years ago...

Why cant it be like that with food :(

Anyway I have had my 1st consult at Walsall and now I have to choose ?????

Im swayed to having the sleeve, but most ppl seemed to have gone for the bypass.

need to scout this forum to see if anyone has had a sleeve. I did read one post and the poor lady had a bad time :(

But im gonna be positive as this is going to change my life :) wohooo

Mandi xxx

Hi everyone

Just so hard!!! Its incredible that one day I said thats it im not smoking anymore and I didnt , havent smoked since and that was 4 years ago...

Mandi xxx

I suspect its because you can't cold turkey food :) We have to eat to live. If someone had told you you needed three cigarettes a day, could you have stopped?

Kirabear said:
Hi everyone

My name is Mandi and I have decided to have WLS
For years I have battled with my weight and as it has increased and increased over time its frightened me.

Im at my heaviest now and the thought of getting bigger horrifies me.

Anyway I have had my 1st consult at Walsall and now I have to choose ?????

Im swayed to having the sleeve, but most ppl seemed to have gone for the bypass.

need to scout this forum to see if anyone has had a sleeve. I did read one post and the poor lady had a bad time :(

But im gonna be positive as this is going to change my life :) wohooo

Mandi xxx

There are lots of sleevers in the sleeve section. Extremely successful too.

Good luck!! :D

:welcome:

hi it will change your life im 19 weeks post op and my loss is 7 stone and 10.5 stone together the change his worth it good luck

Hi hunni, welcome to the site ... WLS is the best choice you can ever make ... sleeves are a really good option, don't take all the negative stories to heart ... for every bad report there will be 100 good ones. It is human nature to remember the bad not the good! ... I invite you to think about the health benefits of having the surgery rather than search for problems and complications.

If you need any life coaching/mentoring I'm more than willing to help you along your journey.

Kind regards

Sara

Hi there,
I'm so new to this forum that I don't even know how to post a message. I am in the stadium of thinking of making a first appointment with the clinic. My family thinks I'm taking the ' easy road' and that hurts. I have been dieting since I was 16 yrs old. Nothing seems to help. After all those years and now being a 57 yrs old overweight person I obviously have proved that I cannot do it on my own.
Does anybody know of some comforting things to say to the family so that they will support me through this journey?
Thanks a million,
Pat

Mecca123 said:
hi it will change your life im 19 weeks post op and my loss is 7 stone and 10.5 stone together the change his worth it good luck
I don't regret a thing I would have never losted that weight on my own without help of surgery just looking forward to having knee replacement so take the next step forward it been hard but I'm over the worsted now I was never scared of op because I knew I needed it doing so I could get knee done ...dont read the negative story just good ones Everyone got a different story .good luck

hi and welcome to this wonderful site,i had a sleeve 8 days ago and feel fab,i lost 10lbs on the 7 day pre op and 14lbs since last wed(op day)i am pain free and just wish id started my journey sooner...good luck i wish you well

Yep I'm Chris and a bypasser, don't regret a thing without this op i probably would ahve put a bit more on was 24 stone 11 at my heaviest now am 16 stone 4lb. you go for which ever will suit your lifestyle bes t the doc told me which would be best for me. He would only do the sleeve for me if the bypass couldnt work, when in theatre. xx Good luck with the decision making xx

Hi Sara! I'm Sasha, and new to WLS too & this is most defiantly the best place to be! Everyone is so welcoming & Give you great info & fan support. Good luck in your journey. Look forward to journey updates. X

Hello Kirabear - welcome. x

Hi, welcome to the site. I wanted a sleeve but due to my diabetes i feel the bypass would be better. Having said that most of the sleevers here are more than happy and have had wonderful weight loss. Im sure whatever you decide will be best for you. And now you have hundreds of friends to help you along the way xxx

Back