• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to site and surgery

jammyjaney

Hello everyone,
I am so pleased to have found this site. I had my gastric bypass a week ago today!! yay!

So far it was been fine, but i do feel hungry alot of the time! Was just wondering if anyone had any food suggestions for the first 4 weeks!

Thanks guys!

Jane :eek:

:welcome:

Welcome Jane and good to hear that you are doing well after your operation.

Bondgirl and Kandy to name just two who will help you out with good advice when they are on, having gone through the operation themselves and have had good success.

Sorry I can't be of more help myself.

Love Mini xxx

Welcome to you and hopefully you can help me too

Hi

I am new to the site today too and I'm getting a bit lost with it all, any help would be appreciated!

I am currently waiting for my appointment with the consultant to discuss surgery (I have got the funding for the operation) so its just a waiting game now but any advice would be appreciated. i.e. any questions to ask at the appointment.

Been overweight since being about 4 so its lifelong and I really do want this but am so worried too.

Hi

I am new to the site today too and I'm getting a bit lost with it all, any help would be appreciated!

I am currently waiting for my appointment with the consultant to discuss surgery (I have got the funding for the operation) so its just a waiting game now but any advice would be appreciated. i.e. any questions to ask at the appointment.

Been overweight since being about 4 so its lifelong and I really do want this but am so worried too.

Hi Nic,

:welcome:

You would not be normal if you were not somewhat anxious about your forth coming surgery as it is major surgery.

You are very lucky to have secured your funding for the operations as it does seem to be a bit of a lottery out there.

Be sure to have a list of questions written down that you wish to ask your consultant as it is easy for the mind to go blank when feeling anxious and nervous and they don't mind you pulling out your list of questions, probably be impressed you are being proactive.

Here is a link that will help you make your way around, just click on the link.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/787-mini-s-guided-tour-minimins-website.html

And if you need any help please ask.

Aslo here is a link to help you put up a tracker if you want to count down to your operation. The tickerfactory do all sorts of tickers...

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Love Mini xxx

Thank you

Thank you very much Mini that will be a great help, you wouldn't think I worked for an IT Company would you!

Great finding this site and know you will all help me through.

Thanks again

xxx

Welcome to the site Jane & Nic, I'm pretty new to the site too, and also about to embark on the same journey.

Congratulations on having had your op Jane. Have you thought of things like sugar free jelly? I've not had my op yet (still in the early referal stages) but I have done a lot of reading up on it. As time moves on and you go on to purees, have you thought of trying baby food? I used to love pinching the odd spoonfull when my kids were young, so it seems the ideal ready made food in just the right portion size.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Gerry
:)

hi
i am 4 1/2 weeks post op, i have been fortunate to be able to eat anything as long as it is chewed or mushed.
i started out with slimfast shakes, cream of tomatoe soups and ten cal instant soups, then i introduced cereal ie weetabix porridge and cornflakes with hot milk, then i went onto trying things to see if i could, as long as u nibble and chew and take your time, u should be ok,
the easiest mush was the hot cereals, instant mash, frozen cauli n broccolli boiled till mush, and corned beef.
everyone is different, its all trial and error.
good luck on your journey
alison

Gerry and Alison

Thanks very much for your replies they all help and I will be keeping note of all advice.

Thanks again
Nic x

Back