• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to site and got first seminar at srh tonight

anita-b

hi all this is the first time ive been on this site and have to say im so glad ive found it.
ive got my first group appiontment at sunderland royal tonight,and im sooooo nervous as i dont no what to expect can anybody shed some light on this plz
anita x:)

hi anita and welcome to the site, good luck :) xxx

Hello and welcome! Mines not until January so maybe you can tell me what it was like tonight as i can't wait for mine

Welcome n good luck Hun ;) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Welcome and good luck on your journey :)

hi all,went to the seminar last night at sunderland royal and it was very informative they explain all the opps in great detail and you get your weight and height recorded.
they give you information to take away with you to help you decide if you still want to go ahead with the surgery or would just like help with diet and exercise.
my next appiontment will be in about 4 months time and then i will speak one to one with the surgeon and dietician and they will decide on what opp they think i would be best suited to,then if i agree they will set me a small weight loss target then if i reach that at the next appiontment i will be added to the waiting list.i was told the time scale frome last nights seminar to the opp would be roughly 1 year.
anita x

hi all,went to the seminar last night at sunderland royal and it was very informative they explain all the opps in great detail and you get your weight and height recorded.
they give you information to take away with you to help you decide if you still want to go ahead with the surgery or would just like help with diet and exercise.
my next appiontment will be in about 4 months time and then i will speak one to one with the surgeon and dietician and they will decide on what opp they think i would be best suited to,then if i agree they will set me a small weight loss target then if i reach that at the next appiontment i will be added to the waiting list.i was told the time scale frome last nights seminar to the opp would be roughly 1 year.
anita x
Hiya and welcome to the site. I had a 4 month wait from seminar to meeting the nurse and dietician then 4 months to see the surgeon then 3 months to endoscopy now waiting for the big day. Good luck on the journey x

Hi hun, welcome to the site, people on here are a wealth of knowledge and will answer any questions you might have. i attended seminar at SRH on 29th October last year and had my bypass last friday so 13 months for me. x

timescales are varied but I had my seminar in Jan 2011, dietician & nurse May 2011 and my appointment to see the surgeon is not until 28 May 2012 so that will be 16 months and no surgery even in sight as yet!!!

fingers crossed you get through a bit quicker

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

timescales are varied but I had my seminar in Jan 2011, dietician & nurse May 2011 and my appointment to see the surgeon is not until 28 May 2012 so that will be 16 months and no surgery even in sight as yet!!!

fingers crossed you get through a bit quicker

If you dont mind me asking do you have any co morbidities or anything which could of delayed it? Im banking on it being roughly a year so would hate for it to go over that really.

I have had one delay which was the consultant cancelled 9th Jan and moved it to 28 May

when I went Tony seminar they were quite clear that it would be around 18 months at least before operation and that we should understand that this was life changing not life saving surgery

I have no co morbidities at the moment apart from the normal risks of heart attack stroke etc that come with being overweight.

I do hope that your journey is quicker but 18 months dies seem to be about the norm fir sunderland at the moment

sorry about spelling but on iPhone and it has a mind of it's own. :)

cu16 said:
Hiya and welcome to the site. I had a 4 month wait from seminar to meeting the nurse and dietician then 4 months to see the surgeon then 3 months to endoscopy now waiting for the big day. Good luck on the journey x

Mine went much the same but I did have a 4 month delay, was my own fault as did not meet target, in total it was just over 18 month for me I had my bypass Tuesday gone x

hi anita i think i might of went to the same seminar as yourself was it on the 7th of december if so i was there good luck hun x

wellcome un and good luck on your journey im a sunderland patient as well had my seminar 14th dec x

Got mine 11jan can't wait!

welcome hun xx

Back