• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to this forum 7 months post bypass

honeybee21

Hi I'm new to this forum & thought I'd say hello. I'm just over 7 months post bypass surgery. I have lost just under 10 stone & feeling rather frustrated that I haven't lost in around 3 weeks now. It's like my body just doesn't want me to get there! I've tried eating less & less without luck. I'm now wondering if I should try eating a bit more & see what happens. Problem is getting more in! I feel full all the time & often have to push myself to eat a little something. Any advice would be gratefully received. I still have a few more stones to lose so it's not because I'm near goal.

sarahrob

Hello and welcome, and congratulations on the 10 stone! I'm not a bypasser I'm afraid, but I just wanted to say hi.

fayz

Hi honeybee 21, welcome and congratulations on the 10 stones - that's amazing! I had my bypass on 24 June 2014, so not too long before you. I've lost 7st 9lb so far and had consistently lost each week until this last month. Stayed same for 2 weeks and then put on a pound the following week. This terrified me as I still have over 3 stone to go before I get to a healthy bmi. So at the suggestion of a fellow forumer I did the 5 day pouch test this week. It was so hard especially the first two days. But this week I lost 5lbs. What is even better is I feel back in control and feel like I've re learnt the good habits that were so ingrained in the first few month. The real test will be whether this weight stays off and I lose a bit more. For now though I feel so much more in control. Good luck to you and I can't wait until I'm on here announcing my 10 stones loss!

honeybee21

Thank you sarahrob I'm delighted with the weight loss just wish I wasn't on such a long stall! I'm sure it will get going again. I'm feeling so much happier & I'm much healthier. What did you have done? When did you have your op? How are you finding it all?

honeybee21

Hi fayz that's amazing well done. I had loads of weight to lose so it's come of really quick up until 3 weeks ago!!! Still mustn't grumble! I've gone down 6 dresses sizes so how can I moan. I shall look out for you announcement. May give pouch challenge a go?!

los in it

Hello Honneybee
wishing you well in your weight lose

Yvessa

Hiya, you don't really give an idea of the sorts of things you are eating - can you post a days food diary so we can give you some ideas?