• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to this Forum

Sazdami

Hi All,

My name is Sarah and I had a gastric Sleeve done 3 weeks ago, after many many years battling with my weight I finally feel as though there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
The first week after the OP i dropped about 7 kilos, and then 4 the second week, however this week I havent lost anything, does anyone know if this is normal? I am still on the fluid stage and find it hard to drink the amounts required, so find myself skipping a few shakes etc, could this be the reason.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Nice to meet you all......
Best regards
Sarah

:welcome:

I'm pre-op so can't speak from experience but it sounds like you might be right. Hope things pick up for you soon x

Hi hunni, welcome to the site .. even though we have WLS we still have hormonal imbalances that cause our weight to fluctuate .. stop weighing yourself weekly and go by what your Dr's or nurse weigh's you as once a month ... do your clothes feel different? That was the most important thing to me .. how did my clothes fit .. could I start to walk and talk ... I always looked for the positive things and worried about did the needle move down on the scale once a month .. if so did it matter where it was each week as long as over the month i'd lost and my dress size was decreased?

It is perfectly normal to have a dormant week where you lose nothing so don't fret .. keep doing what you are doing .. try to increase your activity levels, keep sipping fluids and try not to skip shakes/meals

Take care

Sara

Back