• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to this

ready

hi ,im going to be having gastric bypass in sunderland but not got my date for op yet. i just had the camera think on the 8th of november and was put on waiting list:D how long does it usauly take to get a reply for my surgery date . is there anybody else having it at sunderland x

hey Ready, welcome to the site :) congratulations on getting funding etc, im not from your area so cant help you with waiting times etc, just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck :) xxx

:welcome:

I'm waiting for an endoscopy appointment at SRH sometime in Dec and was told it would take 3-5 months from then. Did you wait long for the camera?

Doesn't look like you've got too much longer to wait! X

hi newcy, waited about 12 wks to get the oppointment for the gastroscopy i cant believe how fast its gone now so maybe we might be having it around the same time xx

I'm waiting for an endoscopy appointment at SRH sometime in Dec and was told it would take 3-5 months from then.

I'm in a different area of the country but have been advised approx similar times:

1. gastroscopy 27 Oct
2. sleep apnoea test 8 Dec
3. surgery review 16 Jan 2012 *
(and probably official start of liver shrinkage diet)
4. ___ TBA __ the op itself*

* The surgery date will then be between 4 - 6 weeks (minimum) or up to 12 weeks (maximum) after the surgery review, depending on anything found during the sleep apnoea test.

Therefore all of us going thru the tests Oct / Nov / Dec should be looking forward to a "Slim Spring" and possible ops Feb / March 2012.

hi ready and welcome to the site, i am not from your area but as some of the answers prior tomy post will give you a round about idea what time scale you are looking at, good luck will look forward to see how you get on. x

hello and welcome if you have any questions there are plenty of us hear to help with our experience of our op take care dave x

Here's hoping Ready! X

Back