• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New

race

Hi every1 I had to register again as I forgot my password lol my username was ready b4. Im having a bypass but haven't got my date yet I'm havin it at Sunderland rh I just can't wait now. had my gastroscopy on the 8th of nov now just waitin for the post man to drop that letter on the floor lol :D xx

lol welcome back race xxx

hi, race i am at sunderland as well and i have just got my date whoooo :). good luck with everything hun

That's great news Hun when do u have your op? :)) did you have the gastroscopy ? And how long after did you get your date , I had mine gastroscopy on the 8th of nov xx

Hello all. I am new to gastric bypass and pre op I was all for it and psyched up ready for it. Since the op I'm struggling with what I have had done. This post is no way meant to frighten or put people off the idea please just how I am personally feeling.

After the op and I am now 2 weeks supposed to be starting week 3 post op but I have not managed to eat anything except for 5 small attempts at food. The idea of eating anything makes me feel sick. Even eating does as well.

I'm still suffering with lower abdo discomfort in the lower intestine area which puts me off food as well. I'm sorry of this comes across as being weak or moaning but I'm just not coping so apologise to all who reads this.

This forum is very great for knowledge but what I have learnt here thank you all for the information would if I knew before the op I would not have had it done. The hospital explained that this is a high risk procedure and life changing. But what I have Learned here has taught me so much more then my hospital. I'm so concerned about what I had done and that the serious complications that can happen from it is getting me so down and depressed with worry.

Is that just me or is it natural for me to worry about liver or kidney failure and the risk of malnutrition and that women who died after 10 months. Obviously those were specific to them and feel very sad for them and may not happen to me at all but I'm so concerned. Plus I wish I could just eat anything so much it is as people have said on here and other places you do mourn the loss of food and ability to eat what you like. Any advice either here or on [email protected] would be so grateful please as have no support from my hospital. I thank you all so much and sorry if long winded.

Hello I put a post up but think it was too long winded to show. Lol. Is it normal not to eat anything post op for two weeks and to be really worried mentally about what has happened.

That's great news Hun when do u have your op? :)) did you have the gastroscopy ? And how long after did you get your date , I had mine gastroscopy on the 8th of nov xx

I have my op on the 6th december, had my endoscopy on the 2nd september, got my date last thursday the 10th :eek::eek: all fast really xx

Aww I want my date now lol I think I probably have the op in feb time so not long 2 wait . Good luck and hope u have a speedy recovery. Keep me posted :)) xx

Hello I put a post up but think it was too long winded to show. Lol. Is it normal not to eat anything post op for two weeks and to be really worried mentally about what has happened.
hey ben, if you could start a new thread on this im sure you will get all the help you need, good luck :) xxx

Aww I want my date now lol I think I probably have the op in feb time so not long 2 wait . Good luck and hope u have a speedy recovery. Keep me posted :)) xx

i will keep u informed race your time will come and looking at the way mine has gone will not be long, fingers crossed for you its soon:D x

Welcome back Race and hope you get your date soon xxx

Back