• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEW UPDATE ON GAYNOR

That's terrible treatment, there is no excuse for it. She must be so worried. I hope everything gets sorted out for her soon. Thanks for letting us know Liz x

its late now i shall contact gaynor again in the morning and see whats going on x

Hi I went to see Gaynor yesterday afternoon and she seemt ok in herself but not seen the doctor to explain what had happened with regards the leak and she had had some kind of seizure but she didnt really know what had happened and I dont think the nurses did either, they did appear to be understaffed as it was manic on the ward. She said the sister had told her she needed to be up and moving around as she should be going home today I told her to make sure she was well before she came home. If she is still in at the weekend I will pop and see her again. xx

Thanks Lesley for that - give Gaynor my love and best wishes when you see her next and tell her i'm sending hugs with fairy dust to get her on the road to recovery.

The droop on one side of her face sounds a bit like Bells Palsy - it is a common occurance that can happen after trauma, illness or surgery. Hope they get to the bottom of it x

OMG i hope shes ok and they ahve explained it to her, will drop her a text now to find out if she is ok

would someone please pass on my best wishes to Gaynor when they next speak or txt her..

hope she puts in complaint at lack of care she's recieved once she's home.. at the momet - think she'd be best of being home too from what have read so far but am sure it wont be long til she's back

{{{{Huggles for Gaynor}}}}

She does need to speak to the surgeon or one of the surgical team as they are the only ones who will be able to give her an explanation. They should be able to see her on their morning rounds.

Cold comfort for yesterday though, spanding an anxious day without any reassurance.

Just heard back from Gaynor, she says she is doing ok, her face is almost back to normal and she is not sluring as much and hopes to be home tomorrow.

she has spoken to the dr's it was a TIA which she has often, as she put it surviving the op was the biggest hurdle and she has done that the rest is all uphill now :)

she deserves a medal for always being so upbeat....

Last edited:
i had the same text, she does deserve a medal, and shes being very brave x

Hi Guys

Just come off the phone to Gaynor and i am so angry for so many reasons,the doctor said her face now looked ok but it would when the doctor turned up at 3.15am !!!! ,9 hrs after she requested one ,she hasnt even been given any stocking yet !!! the doc mentioned the stockings to the nurse and she said "i will see what we have",i have told her to demand some stockings to avoid blood clots,she said she thinks she had a tia yesterday and that can be caused by blood clots.
Thye havent given her any food,ok she has to have fluids but since the op on monday she has had 1/2 cup of milk and a yogurt,she is drinking ribena.I am so close to getting in my car and taking her some smoothies it is unreal.
Her wound is still really hot,she keeps rinsing a flannel under cold water and putting it on it to cool it down,no-one has taken a swob to check for infection,i said i would be asking if i can have a course of anti-biotics just incase as the swob results take 4-5 days to come back.
Basically she has been left to her own defences,i was in there last week and i was treated like a queen compared to what Gaynor is being treated like,its unacceptable it really is.

Sorry guys i am just so angry,i would definately be putting a complaint in.

di her treatment and quality of after care is absoulutley disgusting, when she feels better she needs to be putting in a full complaint, when she leaves the hospital she needs to ask for an official complaints form to fill in.

when she went back to theatre what did they do ? did they change the port or was it a loose stitch ?

That is terrible. They should be testing for MRSA as well. She needs someone there with her making sure she gets the right treatment fast.

Liz ,i am not sure what they did when they went to back theatre to be honest if i remember right i think it was the stitching,but she said the doctor said it was the 3rd one that day :eek:,
i am just worried about what is happening now or more to the point what isnt happening.
I have just called the weight loss nurse and explained what has happened and my concerns, she said she went to see her this morning but she was asleep,she is going up this afternoon to see her again.
I have texted gaynor and told her what i have done,and she has texted me back saying she now has some not so sexy stockings on and wait for it .....a cup of tomato soup :D.she said i sound like her mum lol,but thanked me and hopes now something will be done .

will keep you updated

xx

hope the soup is not loaded with sugar for her sake.... just text her back and told her her and terry need to push the nurses for action, without proper nutritian she wont get well or regain energy

Kinda lost for words really. Really hoping Gaynor is on the mend and people have started to do their jobs properly.

Tendersage, are you able to text a list of 'must haves' to Gaynor so someone can bring them in for her?

Hoping she's feeling better today, that her level of care has improved and that she is on the mend Xx

Back