• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New woes

pollybree

Hi, I was just wondering if you will still be considered for surgery if you have had previous abdomenal ops?? I have had my gall bladder and appendix removed within the last 11 years? I am worried they will not operate again because of this?? On the plus side after my 1st week at slimming world I lost a wopping 6.5 lb :clap::clap::clap:

Yes, had my appendix out when I was 12.

Quite a few people have had their gallbladder out, or end up eventually having it taken out.

Both seem quite routine now.

I had my gall bladder out by a machete job (not keyhole) and the only thing they said was there was a small risk that it would have healed in such a way they would have to do a sleeve instead of bypass

My appendix was via machete too! So bloody painful compared to the keyhole I had done for my gall bladder!

My appendix was via machete too! So bloody painful compared to the keyhole I had done for my gall bladder!

I think as you had keyhole for gall bladder then that chance of having to have a sleeve that I was told won't be the case.

I was told by my surgeon that there may be internal scarring due to previous abdominal surgery and in that case the operation could still go ahead but not laparoscopically - they would have to fully open you up (higher risk/longer recovery time/larger wound/scar etc).

Something to look forward too then!! I have just spoken to the bariatric nurse as I have been stressing about this all day, It seems I am her stalker at the moment! She said there would be a problem if I wanted a bypass and I would have to be sleeved instead which is what I want anyways. The open surgery thing is not appealing though but I will do what I have to do to get fit again.

Something to look forward too then!! I have just spoken to the bariatric nurse as I have been stressing about this all day, It seems I am her stalker at the moment! She said there would be a problem if I wanted a bypass and I would have to be sleeved instead which is what I want anyways. The open surgery thing is not appealing though but I will do what I have to do to get fit again.

Apologies - my fault entirely. I'm on my phone which doesn't show what surgery people are hoping to have xx

I had my gallbladder out prior to my bypass. During the op my surgeon said he struggled with some scar tissue but he completed it by lap. It did take longer than expected though but it shouldn't be a problem, they might have to do it open but my surgeon managed to do it without it so fingers crossed yours will too.

Back