• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Year's Resolutions 2019

J

Jonicorn

Hi Lovelies,

I thought I could make this thread so we could all set and discuss our new years resolutions. As an ambitious bunch, I'm sure we all have one or 2 that we would like to keep, or even 3 or 5 in some cases.

Would be nice to pop them in here and then maybe check back this time next year and see how we got on? They don't even have to be weight loss related, or significant in any way.

My Resolutions:

#1- To get into a size 12 - Aim: 01/04/2019
#2- To finish decorating my house - Aim: 01/08/2019
#3- To pass my Accounting qualification: 01/09/2019
#4- To go on 3 Holidays

I was tempted to set a goal of reaching my target weight but I don't want to pressure myself with something so massive. Banders tend to lose their weight in around 18 months so I will aim more for that but won't stress if I don't.

Really looking forward to hearing all of your resolutions :)

Jo xxx

Bling Babe

Great thread Jo...

1: To reach my target of 8 stone 4lb by valentine day 2019

2: This one is tricky to word.....to stop going mad buying clothes, I just know I’ll buy some in the sales but after that I want to try to only buy from charity shops (or everythingfivepound.com) ........I have no summer clothes at all though and holiday in August so if I haven’t found anything in the charity shops I’ll have to buy some from “normal” shops.

3: To save hard to have some skin surgery in 2020

4: To see the northern lights

5: To “go over the top” of the O2 arena

6: To still be going to the gym and doing home workout’s at the end of 2019

7: to finish the back garden (OH is doing this rather than me)

8: this ties in with #7: to get the conservatory looking good

I’d like to add to this later x

J

Jonicorn

Great thread Jo...

1: To reach my target of 8 stone 4lb by valentine day 2019

2: This one is tricky to word.....to stop going mad buying clothes, I just know I’ll buy some in the sales but after that I want to try to only buy from charity shops (or everythingfivepound.com) ........I have no summer clothes at all though and holiday in August so if I haven’t found anything in the charity shops I’ll have to buy some from “normal” shops.

3: To save hard to have some skin surgery in 2020

4: To see the northern lights

5: To “go over the top” of the O2 arena

6: To still be going to the gym and doing home workout’s at the end of 2019

7: to finish the back garden (OH is doing this rather than me)

8: this ties in with #7: to get the conservatory looking good

I’d like to add to this later x

Oh yours are sooo good. Makes me wish I had been a bit more ambitious...I too shall add to mine haha.
Loving number 3. I'm such a fan of surgery to improve your life now that I have done it myself so I really look forward to your updates on this one. I watched a programme on Netflix about ladies from Australia going to Thai land to some of the top surgeons to have their work done and it was absolutely amazing. Face lifts, body lifts, designer vagina's, breast augmentations, there was even gender reassignment surgery on it. I was so impressed with every single one of them. They not only have 4 weeks or more in paradise, but they get a star resort thrown in with their surgery.

I've always wanted to see the northern lights too.

I'm a bit worried about my holiday clothes situation because when I went on holiday in September, I borrowed a lot of clothes and all of my own holiday clothes are a size 20 so I don't think I am going to get away with wearing those now. that five pound website might be my lift saver. You might also like Shein.com and Romwe. the quality is hit and miss and the delivery time a bit longer than is ideal but some of the things I had had on there are stunning and cheap as chips. You can also view reviews on there of people who have bought the items already and they post pics of themselves wearing it to give you an idea of size and shape etc xx

Bling Babe

Oh yours are sooo good. Makes me wish I had been a bit more ambitious...I too shall add to mine haha.
Loving number 3. I'm such a fan of surgery to improve your life now that I have done it myself so I really look forward to your updates on this one. I watched a programme on Netflix about ladies from Australia going to Thai land to some of the top surgeons to have their work done and it was absolutely amazing. Face lifts, body lifts, designer vagina's, breast augmentations, there was even gender reassignment surgery on it. I was so impressed with every single one of them. They not only have 4 weeks or more in paradise, but they get a star resort thrown in with their surgery.

I've always wanted to see the northern lights too.

I'm a bit worried about my holiday clothes situation because when I went on holiday in September, I borrowed a lot of clothes and all of my own holiday clothes are a size 20 so I don't think I am going to get away with wearing those now. that five pound website might be my lift saver. You might also like Shein.com and Romwe. the quality is hit and miss and the delivery time a bit longer than is ideal but some of the things I had had on there are stunning and cheap as chips. You can also view reviews on there of people who have bought the items already and they post pics of themselves wearing it to give you an idea of size and shape etc xx
Oh thanks I’ve made a note of those websites, 4 weeks in a star resort while recovering sounds good to me lol, I spent a fortune on loads of new clothes when we went to Aruba in July this year, they are all in the charity shop now, it’s heartbreaking not that I’m complaining lol...I’ve keep a couple of favourites to see if I can get them taken in xxx

J

Jonicorn

Oh thanks I’ve made a note of those websites, 4 weeks in a star resort while recovering sounds good to me lol, I spent a fortune on loads of new clothes when we went to Aruba in July this year, they are all in the charity shop now, it’s heartbreaking not that I’m complaining lol...I’ve keep a couple of favourites to see if I can get them taken in xxx

We should make a black bag swap on here lol. When you grow out of something, you pass it onto the person who is growing into it and so on until it gets to the last person who grows out of them and pops them into the charity shop, if only we all lived nearer haha.

Irene44

Oh I have so many!! I will have to give this some serious thought. Great idea Jo :) xx

Bling Babe

We should make a black bag swap on here lol. When you grow out of something, you pass it onto the person who is growing into it and so on until it gets to the last person who grows out of them and pops them into the charity shop, if only we all lived nearer haha.
Love that idea xx

Maria61

Great idea Jonicorn. I think mine are (most important thing though is to sort out hubbys heart condition of course)

1. To get to 10 stone 7 lb and finally weigh less than hubby!

2 To then keep weight stable and not gain which has always been my problem and still scares me

3 To watch Bling and my husband climb O2

4 To get back to the gym

5 Save up again for tummy tuck

Sarnie

Mine is to survive my WLS lol.
Great thread hun, but I don't do NYR. It's great reading all yours though. x

J

Jonicorn

Mine is to survive my WLS lol.
Great thread hun, but I don't do NYR. It's great reading all yours though. x
Haha no worries. I never used to do them until about 5 years ago and I started taking them really seriously. My first ever one, was to work on my confidence, and it worked :) I started going out more. I still have terrible anxiety but I have to push through it. xxx

Sarnie

Haha no worries. I never used to do them until about 5 years ago and I started taking them really seriously. My first ever one, was to work on my confidence, and it worked :) I started going out more. I still have terrible anxiety but I have to push through it. xxx
Any I've done in the past was to do with..... yes you guessed it, dieting. And the fact I'm on here and seeking WLS, there'd be no surprises guessing how those resolutions turned out lol.
You're doing great with your anxiety then, at least you are facing it head on. Have you ever read the book Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway? xx

Emma1504

Don’t tend to make NYR. I have no will power so never see them through to the end.
Maybe this year I might try. New year new me. Need to think on it. Don’t really want it to be weight related. that already consumes my life maybe something different that will give me an added focus. Although will that be pushing it as I will be concerating on my weight loss journey.
Sorry going on a bit need to think on it :rotflmao:

Irene44

Don’t tend to make NYR. I have no will power so never see them through to the end.
Maybe this year I might try. New year new me. Need to think on it. Don’t really want it to be weight related. that already consumes my life maybe something different that will give me an added focus. Although will that be pushing it as I will be concerating on my weight loss journey.
Sorry going on a bit need to think on it :rotflmao:

Yip we both gotta have our thinking caps on for this one xx