• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what's your new years resolution?

BigDee's now little

Christmas is now over and we are looking forward to The New Year. I haven't made any resolutions for a number of years as I knew I wouldn't stick with them; But this year is different. There are soon going to be a lot of changes in my life as I fly out for my gastric wrap operation on 3rd February. So I have been giving my lifestyle changes some thought and decided to make the following NY resolutions.
  1. To make sure that I exercise at least 5 times per week, which means 3 zumba classes and at least 2 extra long dog walks (on top of daily dog walks which I already do)
  2. To plan my meals properly on a weekly basis and shop accordingly, making sure that I don't buy in naughty food items as hubby also needs to drop some weight.
  3. To treasure my wrap and treat it with the respect it deserves as this is very much my last chance saloon of losing weight.
  4. To start on 4th jan working at changing my eating habits in preparation for surgery. Eating slower, no drinks with meals etc etc
I hope everyone else has the incentivve to make and stick to their NY resolutions this year and have a wonderful 2013 xxx :)

im going to stop smoking, i didnt smoke before my op, and i think it was a transfered addiction, i needed something to put in my mouth (shut it men) lol
so thats mine :) good luck with yours Dee :) x

I think I will do the exercise thing as well, I know I need to do more but my dodgy hip is slowing things right up, it even hurts to swim now which is a bugger. Still at least I am getting closer to having something done to it now, so that is my goal be more mobile/active.

To become more positive about exercise. Use my air walker while watching tv rather than lounging on the bed or sofa begging while watching.
Find something that gives me me time away from the kids & old man.
Find ways of dealing with my demons & act positively to overcome them with the help of my counsellor.
This may be a lot to achieve & if I only achieve some of it & gradually work towards it all over the year it will be a start. The exercise is the easier to start with, counselling starts tomorrow & no doubt will be a slow road no magic wands or immediate solutions there (it will be ridiculous to expect anything like that), it took a long time to admit I needed help so its not going to be resolved in one visit.
As for getting out more & having some me time well fat club is one thing, there's an embroidery club I need to look into so who knows that may work out to.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

To lose weight and be fitter.......Oh I did that a couple of years ago :D

My resolution this year is to get a job and start living more.
For the last 2 years my life has felt as if its on hold, waiting to lose the weight, waiting for plastics.
So now I want a job and some fun

To get within three stone of my final goal would be nice. Also to spend more time with my daughter.

I am already going to the gym and running regularly, so cant make a new years resolution about exercising, So my new years resolution is to get to goal weight and below by Easter.. Probably won't get there, but can give it my best shot, and it will give me something to aim for...

Back