• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

refused-depressed

yankeedoo

hi-i went for my app with dr ramtoola-18mths ago
i had her backing-and had all tests b4-sleel machine etc--then went through funding and was told my bmi was 4-i was about 18+stone-and was refused--i cant excercise properly--becasue i suffer from osteo-arthirirtis-of the kness/arms/legs/and hands--still refused-even my knee dr-sent letter--anyway-i tried slimming world for 9mths-and nothing--i eat apples-in morn/cereal dinner-and then either sandwich or apples for tea-
now im 20stone+ and waiting to see my app for endocrinology-been told its the next step--but prop seeing dr ramtoola again-and to make matters worse-i cant find ajob-because of my illness-and today-just now-the wife's come home-and said-she's leaving-me
blames the weight+not working--so now more suicidal-than b4---she works in a one man shop--asked her if she was seeing her boss---says no--but dont believe her-but all she ever did was call me fat-
pissed of

Aww Im so sorry to hear about all the troubles you are having at the moment. Being obese is so hard on its own without the added pressure of your relationship breaking up. Maybe she isnt seeing the man who she works with and the only way to know for sure is if she decided to own up so try not to dwell on it too much, it will drive you crazy. I hope things start to improve soon for you, maybe starting with being accepted for WLS this time. That would be a good new start for you. Good Luck with it, I wish you all the best (HUGS) XX

Very sorry to hear of all of this going on at once... it's a lot to carry and I hope you are able to take time out to reflect and replenish your strength.

Sending love and warming hugs in your direction xxx

Really sorry to hear all that is going on, you could do without all this.

Hard to say, but I wouldnt give up. Be persistant and give up.

i feel if your feeling that bad maybe you should try to get counselling? Its so horrible its all come together but try to deal with one thing at a time then it may not seem so big? Take care

thx for all replies-sort of helped a little-i will lose weight and prove i can--im seeing my knee consultant on wed--hopefully he might back me-for weight loss surgery--again-i will lose weight-ive asked the wife--he she was seeing her boss--she just laughed said no--but keeps hiding mobile--but ive decided-not worth worring about--and for me to lose weight--firstly for myself--and secondly-to show her i can--thx

Hello , You need at least a minimum of 50 posts before u can do that , they soon mount up . xx

Hi Hun... So sorry to hear about the upset u r goin through at the moment I hope it sorts itself out for u... I hope u get surgery and are able to lose ur weight but for u and not anyone else it's a shame ur weight has had such an affect on ur relationship but to b honest ild say that mayb it's other reasons ok ur big but ur still the same person some ppl don't see the true beauty within these ppl r narrow minded!! Firstly concentrate on urself let ur wife go if that's wat she wants to she will realize the grass isn't greener on the other side but by then it b too late ul b thin, healthy, feeling good and confident enough to say if u couldn't handle me at my worse then u deffo don't deserve me at my best!!!
I bet this time nxt yr u would of lost the weight with or without surgery good luck and if u ever need a chat we r always here for u xx

Sorry to hear you've got so much to worry about at the moment. Like the others have said, concentrate on yourself and getting better first. A break up is the last thing you need when you're dealing with health issues, any health issues, and life changes such as WLS. But if she can't be supportive, then maybe better to let her go, even if it hurts.
Wishing you all the very best and welcome to the forum! You can always come here for support.. the folks here are priceless xx
:welcome:

hi there so sorry to hear what is happening to you, i would focus on yourself your wife is a lying cow, sorry for the bluntness, you deserve so much better and support and i joined this site a few days ago so you have come to the right place everyone is really helpful and supportive, i would not give up i would bug the hell out of people till you get what you want thats how i do things, you need this weightloss surgery, i suffer from type 2 diabetes and lower back problems which i have had surgery on so i need this to, just keep plodding forward and you will get there in the end I'm sure.

(((((((((((((loads of hugs ))))))))))))))

thx for replies-some made me laugh
im waiting for my dr ramtoola app-hopefully be done in next 12week--then see from there--had to cancel my knee dr yesterday-as the soon to to be ex--would not pick my daughter up from school-never mind-another app in jan-2011-
im searching for work too-thinking it give more to do-aand meet nice people-not nec a new relationship--just friend to chat to-but as some will now-when ur overweight and disabled-ie-cant walk prorerly-cant get interviews-but thinking of starting my own web site--to help me look for work--it seems to be the done thing-
anyway will chat soon-as i dont sleep much-thank god for the net-anyway take-care-all-and again really thankful for commenets and support-makes a nice change in these days-

So pleased you are sounding so more positive....I think the website is a great idea. Good Luck with the appointment :D XX

Hey, just came across your post. I wanted to wish you well in your job hunt and for getting on th elist for WLS. If you ever fancy a chat, need info or even if it is to let off steam and have a good old moan this is the site to be on. Everyone is so supportive and have lots of good advice.
Theresa x

pho hope hospital about my app-told should be b4 feb 2011-then i will see what she says-ive lost a few pounds-but not much-im not eating at the momnet because of the stress-but read somewhere-thats bad-anyone know?
also we all know theres 2 sides to a marriage-but i did not have a clue-i do suffer from depression-ptsd-after being attacked on work-used to drive a taxi-etc
but still thought we were ok-but to be told ur useless-is still not right-my legs have been killing for weeks-but i still take girls to sch+college-do washing /dryer etc-but im moving on-as soon as she finds somewhere-i wanted to move-but as this is a disabled home-was told she would have to move--but now shes moaning when shes on her own-she will get less money-but she made the choice not me-anyway will continue with trying to lose weight---fingers crossed my operation will be funded this time--ps-its about 6inchs of snow outside-bloody freezing

Good for you :D You are right to move on with your life...she has made her choice and she has to live with the consequences. You are not useless and you can prove it to her by getting yourself together and not giving up on the weightloss journey you have started :D Good Luck hun, Im in Manchester too and weve got a few inches of snow here.....looks lovely! XX

Hiya yankeedoo

would like to welcome you to this site.
I know how you feel as i have experined the same with my ex, its painful, so i know what ur talking about.
try and ask for the sleeping test it might help.

Back