• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie alert of the male variety !

Big Matt

Hi folks, been lurking for a while now and only just worked out how to post a thread !! I thought it was about time I started to share some of my thoughts and experiences, particularly as I am a bit of a late starter to the site and that I have already had my rny gastric bypass on 1st December 2010, I had the strangest Christmas dinner I have ever had, I can tell you ! but I can fill you in on that over the next few weeks or so just as soon as I master the navigation of the site. I look forward to sharing and interacting with you in due course, Til then if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, I'm not shy !! ;0)

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum. Stop lurking and start posting! I'm looking forward to getting to know you,
Grace xxx

Hi matt, it's takes a little while to get your head around the posting etc but once you do you'll be posting for england. How have you been getting on since your surgery? did it all go smoothly for you?

heya matt - glad you have come out of hiding! welcome to wlsurgery hun and congratulations on your bypass! how you getting along with it and how much have you lost so far? looking forward to hearing your journey so far xxxx

hi matt and welcome to the mad house, great to have you here, ive been here for a while now and still dont know lots about the site, lol, but as long as i can post, i dont worry. well done on your loss so far, youve done great. hugs xx

Good luck in every way Matt and we are here for you, love and hugs xxx

hi mat, i am about a week behind you, i had my bypass on 11th Dec and i havnt looked back loosing slowley though only 1 to 2 pound a week, i can eat anything but stay away from the old habbits moastly

how are you getting on? have you lost much? are you having any problems with food?
it would be good to here from someone else at about the sams stage as me

richard

Hi Matt and :welcome: to WLS.....another male of the species for us "ladies" to pick over ;) Feel free to have a good browse! XX

Hi Rich, I'm getting on fine. With my 6 week pre-op loss program and what I have lost post-op so far I am 1 pound short of 7 stone. I was just shy of 28 stone beforehand now, just coming under 21 stone, all in 3 and a half months !!. Eating wise I don't have many problems, I can manage little bits of bread/nan/crackers etc, Most meat although not tried beef, ok with rice, pasta, potato's all fine in moderation as long as chewed well. The only thing I find is after eating I usually feel a bit nausious for about 30 mins but it soon goes off. I think compared to most people I have got off quite lightly as I have not been sick once since my op. I am hoping to share more about my experience as I navigate the site more, I seem to be limited to just posts at the moment, how did you get a signature and tickerfactory chart etc ? Is it easy to do ? Anyway sure we will chat more in due course and compare notes, all the best for now. Matt

hi mat iff you click on the sig or ticker it will take you to the site, just follow the instructions

rich

Hi Rich, I'm getting on fine. With my 6 week pre-op loss program and what I have lost post-op so far I am 1 pound short of 7 stone. I was just shy of 28 stone beforehand now, just coming under 21 stone, all in 3 and a half months !!. Eating wise I don't have many problems, I can manage little bits of bread/nan/crackers etc, Most meat although not tried beef, ok with rice, pasta, potato's all fine in moderation as long as chewed well. The only thing I find is after eating I usually feel a bit nausious for about 30 mins but it soon goes off. I think compared to most people I have got off quite lightly as I have not been sick once since my op. I am hoping to share more about my experience as I navigate the site more, I seem to be limited to just posts at the moment, how did you get a signature and tickerfactory chart etc ? Is it easy to do ? Anyway sure we will chat more in due course and compare notes, all the best for now. Matt
Hi Matt
First off, great loss so far, I am considering op but not 100 sure yet. Just wanted to say i think you have to make so many posts before you can get sigs and profile stuff, i seem to remember seeing a sticky about it :)
Keep us up to date with progress, i'm intrigued to know people's experiences. I'm leaning towards bypass but not 100% convinced yet :rolleyes:

Back